Friday, July 15, 2011

"Feels like hell"

I suspect I may have a gift for overlooking the obvious.  I started a new policy today; turn on the computer, let the antivirus run, and pick up for 10 minutes or so.  I have to have a plan; the obvious doesn't occur to me (I can't sit on the couch anymore, maybe time to clear it off?). 

This has been a more useful mania; I'm actually able to do things like housework, organizing, etc.  I'm feeling creative, but still have a decent amount of my budget.  I've done 3 loads of laundry, hung it up, and even started washing the bedding.  I don't want the pillows crawling off! 

One concept I plan to execute; I have an image in my head.  A small human figure is beset by terrible storms, fire, and tidal waves... yet remains calm and confident, with their eyes on Jesus.  "Though He slay me, I will trust in Him" - it's from the book of Job.  I played around with my crayons (I already had them) and I like the concept a lot.  I need to work on my human figure, though. I think kneeling, on one knee, with arms upraised. 

So, after I left the house, (I forgot my straw hat, but not for long in this heat!), came back, got the hat, and left again... I went to my bank and made a small deposit to cover that old hospital bill.  I have it on auto-pay. 

I only have, like $900 or so left.  [end sarcasm]  I think they're happy to get the $30 a month.  I think I'll view it as "sponsoring a patient" at the hospital; kind of like the starving kids, or abused animals.  "For just $30 a month, you can sponsor a patient at the Medical Center, ensuring they have soap and water, with which to bathe!"  Something like that makes it more palatable. 

It does bug me, if I had that money available I would love to sponsor a child through Gospel for Asia.  But I need to pay my bills. 

I got some soda, and went to the Christian bookstore, said hi.  I went to a craft store.  They were having a sale on canvases.  I got 2 for $4.  When I am ready to finalize my masterpiece I can put it on one.  I got some other stuff, keeping the total under $20. 

I left and headed over to the bus stop.  It was fun walking in the heat:
"Heat advisory in effect until 8 PM CDT Saturday...


The National Weather Service in Shreveport has issued a heat
advisory... which is in effect until 8 PM CDT Saturday.

* Event: daytime temperatures in the upper 90s to lower 100s will
combine with elevated humidity levels to produce heat index
values in excess of 105 degrees.

* Timing: heat index values of 105 to 110 degrees are expected
late Saturday morning through evening."

I had a definite "Feels like hell" outside.  I didn't get sick or anything, thank God.  I was very happy to get on the nice, air conditioned bus.  My lithium kicked in and I started feeling more kindly. 

I think I had been pretty irritable this morning.  I feel all warm and cozy now; that means I wasn't, earlier.  I called Ron, he was happy to hear from me.  Didn't want anything. 

As I spoke to him, I saw my bus go roaring by.  Hm.  I had a half hour now.  I went to Starbucks and got a steamed milk.  It was nice.  Then I went outside and sat down. 

Praise God for straw hats, with a drawstring.  It looked like it wanted to rain, later, and it was getting cloudy. 

My bus came and I got on.  I had pretty good transfers, I was riding during a "peak" hour, which means more buses.  Got off, walked home, no mail (good or bad).  I thought about taking a nap, but did some computer stuff instead. 

We go to work tomorrow, twice, actually.  First "The location" and then the bookstore. 

I hope to sleep well tonight. 

No comments: