Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I almost died, again, today.

Ugh.  I'm all crampy and miserable.  Mom once mentioned to me "Heather, you always had horrible periods - are they still bad?"  Yup.  Going off my family history I have another 10+ years.  Oh, goody. 

Happily a generic Aleve does the trick, but I have to adjust my lithium dose so I don't get toxic.  Talk to your doc.  Aleve raises lithium levels.  I can feel it actually. 

I overslept, Ron was really nice about waking me up.  I tend to be a little shrill, he just stood in the doorway and called my name quietly, then said "The ride is coming in an hour".  No time for God, sorry, Lord.  I'll get you after I finish my post. 

Showered, got dressed, went to work.  Ron had accidentally left a vending machine open, happily, someone closed it.  It looks like someone might have stolen a few cans of soda but that's it.  Not bad. 

Ron and I often marvel that 2 people with brain damage are allowed to run a business.  You should have seen us on Monday; part of the online report requires the amount, and date of sales tax paid.  We couldn't remember if we'd paid the Sales Tax.  It was pretty funny.  We thought we had, but ended up calling the bank to confirm. 

I had a little discomfort; gallbladder colic.  Oh, boy, let's go to the emergency room.  I'm still paying on that visit in 2009.  No thanks.  I figure if I fall down writhing, spike a fever, or turn yellow, then it's time for the hospital.  It's kind of a dull fullness sensation, then it gets kind of jabby and sharp.  [shrug]  I know the symptoms of "Big Trouble" and, should they manifest, I'll get help. 

It could even be depression; I used to have horrible abdominal pain - it went away after my diagnosis & medication.  It's interesting, because I take some stuff that is pretty toxic to the digestive system; and nothing.  Nary a twinge. 

Like I said, I'm not going to freak.  The last thing I want to do is go to an ER and sit next to some virulent person hacking up a lung, with grabby little kids poking at me (last time).  I went home and took some massive Vitamin C!  Oh, let's not forget the expensive cab ride home. 

Nope, not unless I fall down, yellow and screaming.  [laugh]  If, and I emphasize a very small probability this is anything serious, I will have my aunt update or do a text message from my cellphone. 

But [shrug] I've had this off and on for years and nothing major.  I really am not big on hospitals, needles, sick people, and then getting cut open and can't do anything fun for weeks. 

Anyway, we did that, and went to the bank.  It was a ride from hell. 
1.  Driver driving in the left hand turn lane, as the GPS and I are telling him to go right. 
2.  Cutting off other cars, and spending so much time looking into the rearview mirror he drove 1 block, on the wrong side of the road.  I actually thought of you, as I saw the truck coming at us blaring his horn. 
I wish to God I were kidding. 
3.  Weaving all over the road, especially when he stopped looking at the road, turned his head, and watched the radio as they did roll call.  He went into not one but 2 other lanes. 

When we got out Ron said "Heather!"
"I know, let's get inside". 
We go into the bank.  "What is that man smoking?  I don't know!"
I take the opportunity to praise God, aloud, for our safety and the continued use of our legs.  We decided not to call in; he is so bad he will have a wreck by the end of the week and be gone. 

[shudder]  Ron said he really wondered if that's how he'd meet God.  I concluded I would really rather NOT see "it" coming.  UGH. 

Happily, we had a much better ride home afterwards.  The driver hadn't seen us in ages.  She was very sweet and an excellent driver.  Praise God. 

When I got in the house, I ate and took another lithium, I needed it (I also don't like to take it right with a pain pill).  WHEW.  Then I took a nap, woke up, did some reading. 

Now I just need to do my God time, take out the trash, and check the mail. 

No comments: