Saturday, July 9, 2011

Look like a dove

Ron will never tell me "You are getting fat". 

A little backstory: when we started feeding the birds,. the doves would coo loudly, outside the windows, so loud even Ron could hear them.  They had the 3 sylable call "I-love-you" and the 4 sylable "Come-out-and-play!"  I like to tease Ron a little by saying things to him, with the dove inflection.  This is really something I need to do in a video, but I speak in a higher pitched voice and use the same inflection. 

This morning, we went to Walmart.  We took the wheelchair.  Ron had fun.  More in a bit.  When we came home, I needed Ron to unlock the door, I'd forgotten my keys. 

I was cooing at Ron: "Un-LOCK-the-door!  Un-LOCK-the-door!"  He paused and looked at me; in his blind way.  "You're starting to LOOK like a dove!"  [laugh]  Well, he's right. 

That's why we had gone to Walmart, to buy induction foods for us to eat.  Ron had fun hanging out in one department, playing his music on his talking book machine, while I shopped. 

The lady working that department liked Ron so much she gave him a kiss on his head, as she left.  I grinned.  He's a charmer, when he wants to be.  He's just so cute. 

I'm glad I can view my husband thus! 

Then, I took him, gripping the handle of the shopping cart as he sat in the wheelchair, to the food section.  I got a ton of cottage cheese, eggs, and meat.  Ron got some of the precooked scrambled egg patties, and precooked sausage patties. 

Yes, I know IDEALLY I would be raising the meat, slaughtering it, processing it (ew), and cooking it fresh,   Ideally.  I'm crazy, in the throes of a horrible depression!  Leave a message after the tone!  Not only that, I have brain damage.  It's a lot easier to get a somewhat more processed item. 

Ron can fix his own lowcarb snacks and meals, now.  Good. 

He was completely quiet last night, I made a point of thanking him.  He preened a little "I was very careful, I didn't want to disturb you."  Very cute. 

Now, it's my day off.  I would like to do some cleaning and organizing, I'll try that; do what I can.  If nothing else I can rest up and get ready for my next mania. 

No comments: