Saturday, July 2, 2011

The live puppy

The live puppy certainly made up for the dead kitten.  [scratching head]  Yeah, that's my day. 

I got up, did my God Time, and decided to go out and have some fun on the bus.  I scoff at the heat advisory!  I also brought a Powerade Zero - those things are good, nocarb, and really seem to actually hydrate. 

I took my stuff out, caught the bus around noon.  Got to McDonald's around 1.  [snort]  That's riding the bus. 

A cat, a few blocks over, had kittens.  When we go down that street I enjoy their antics.  The little gray and white one was particularly adorable.  It got hit by a car and lay in the street, dead... as I walked by.  Extremely depressing.  "God's little Garbagemen" (per Ron), the vultures, were already circling. 

Speaking of vultures, I drank a lot of fluid today, ensuring I was urinating, a lot, every hour or so.  I feel fine. 

Actually, I was pretty manic this morning, but I crashed around 2:30, necessitating a lithium tablet.  I was glad I was in the midst of eating a beef stick as long as my arm! 

After that, I went to Walmart.  I don't like to give too many identifying details, but I had to walk quite a bit.  It was hot; but I was sucking down one cold beverage after another.  I wanted some headphones (didn't find any I liked), some workboot socks (I prefer the quarter-crew sock for sneakers, but the new boots cover my ankle entirely), and some red-white-and blue milk crates for my Bible handout. 

Well,  I found the socks [laugh].  I thought the foam ice chest was vastly overpriced, at $6.  I intend to use one of my cold storage bags.  The kind I use to get my milk and meat home, nice and cold, on Metrolift.  I am very cautious with food safety.  I left and went to Starbucks (I took my lithium capsule in the WM parking lot).  I need to refill that bottle, by the way.  I have a little of everything I take, in case I'm away from home and need it.  One night I was hallucinating, I was glad I had my risperidone. 

Ron called about this time.  AA says "Don't get all shrill and hatey the next day; don't beat them over the head with the misdeeds, be matter-of-fact."  Ron asked why (something was different) and I said "You were busy last night".  He said he hoped I'd been able to sleep and I said "Not really but God gave me a good quality anyway, please let me sleep tomight".   He said he would.  I really don't think he wants to drink; he just doesn't know how to stop.  I am not making excuses.  He is making a choice and from my viewpoint, not fighting the alcohol.  But that's between him and God, and the vodka. 

Then we talked about other stuff and he said he was glad I had gone out and had fun.  I know he meant it.   I said I'd had fun, and I did. 

I got hassled a little on the bus, a manic, addicted, homeless person kept trying to sit next to me on the bus.  I told him "No, I don't let strange men sit next to me".  He said OK and left me alone, kind of.  I think he was messing with my backpack, as he sat behind me, but I moved it so he couldn't touch it anymore. 

It is wierd, how God is always putting addicted and mentally ill people in my way.  [shrug]  Maybe it is Him telling me to keep taking my pills, and don't use anything.  I'd die before I stopped my medication, and I am terrified of addiction; and I think it's a very healthy fear. 

I didn't even have a long wait at the last bus stop, normally a hellish roasting pan.  The stone bus benches were so hot today I had to use a handtowel as padding, so I wouldn't cook my butt.  That's hot!  We got over 100 degrees. 

As I walked home, a cute little puppy came out of nowhere and started loving on my ankles.  He followed me home and I gave him some water, then he left.  Cute. 

I don't think Bubba-cat would agree, though. 

No comments: