Thursday, July 28, 2011

That is why I take my pills

It was a wierd day.  Last year, Ron and I went downtown to get his yearly pass renewed.  It took forever to get downtown, and it was extremely hot waiting outside.  We decided to go early in the morning, which meant a very early wakeup. 

I got up, shower, God Time.  Ate.  Ready to go.  We took the wheelchair, because the lines can be long and Ron can't stand for long.  It was a long ride.  Either the driver, or the other passengers wanted to talk so I couldn't listen to my music. 

Finally got downtown, unloaded, got Ron his new pass.  I used the bathroom. 

The facilities downtown have a single bathroom (one toilet, sink, etc) for men, and one for women.  They can be pretty grim.  I brought a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol. 

It was fine for me, and Ron and I had plenty of time so we went to the deli.  Ron got a breakfast sandwich with added potatoes.  He loved it.  [shrug]  I was pretty queasy so I just had a diet soda. 

Afterwards, Ron and I discussed the possibility of pushing in several blocks, in the heat, to the bus stop and catching a bus home.  We decided to wait. 

I headed off for the bathroom, but a woman beat me.  Let's just say I was glad I had the rubbing alcohol with me, when I finally did get in there.  I saw a guy go into the men's room, and a homeless man holding an American Flag moved in to wait. 

"My" room opened up, and I headed for it at a brisk pace.  As I opened my door, I saw the men's door open up.  Suddenly, as I shut the door, I heard a man shouting in an very aggressive manner.  He used a lot of very bad language, and kept saying, "Do you have a problem with THIS?"  I stayed in the horrible bathroom until the uproar ceased. 

I came out; the homeless guy was complaining to the receptionist "He pulled a knife on me, called me a ___, and then he broke my flag!"  He was understandably upset.  I walked over. 

"I didn't see it, but I sure heard it, and that guy was VERY aggressive."  The receptionist said she didn't see anything, and the guy was gone anyway. 

I kept thinking, the man was so obviously manic.  That could have been me, pulling a knife on someone outside a public bathroom.  Yike.  That, is why I take my pills.  That is why I am HAPPY to be so horribly queasy, so much of the time! 

Ron and I left, and waited outside.  The pigeons kept coming up at me, but I didn't have any snacks.  Our ride came right on time and off we went. 

When we got home, I took a nap.  Then, Ron and I went to the computer repairman. 

Ron had tripped over something, and broken off a plug inside his speaker.  Our guy fixed it in less than 5 minutes. 

He didn't want any money, but I said, "You're married!  Spend it on flowers for your wife!"  He liked that.  I liked that. 

Ron and I got a burger (I ate that, but got queasy about 5 minutes after).  Came home. 

Now I'm catching up on all those exciting housework things, like laundry, and scrubbing the toilet.  Yay. 

Tomorrow is work, but not for long. 

No comments: