Friday, July 22, 2011

The raft

Ron got drunk pretty early today.  Hopefully, he got all the noisy out of his system. 

When I got up from my (ha!) nap (couldn't sleep with the racket), I did this:


I'm pretty pleased with the concept.  The figure, down on one knee, praying - the huge tidal wave threatens, but the figure is calm and faithful.  He knows God will protect him, or her.  You can't really see the raft (figure is on a small raft), and the ocean can use a lot of work.  I would like a better "spray" near the wave; but I like it.  The bare bones are down on paper. 

I also have a concept of a tornado; and even a mushroom cloud rising over a city... as the figure is calm and focused on God.  I don't know how I could paint fire, but that's another one I could do, figure menaced by fire

I'm having fun with it; and it addresses something I feel needs expression.  I know it's crude, I've never had art training, I can't draw, but I was flattered if someone asked me if I planned to sell my paintings. 

The first couple will probably go to family, if they are interested.  I obviously plan to keep one (tornado, for a couple of reasons), for myself. 

I told Ron I needed him to let me sleep tonight; he feels bad if he wakes me up.  I plan to shut my door so I can get some rest; he's been pretty rowdy today. 

No comments: