Monday, May 6, 2024

Scams are getting pretty sophisticated these days

 I decided to check my email and I had one from ISP.COM which set off a red flag as the correspondence always says from "just" ISP only.  I opened it up and it said my payment had declined and I had to go to (link) and re enter my billing information or they would turn off my service.  

A couple problems with that.  It is not my billing date, and when I looked carefully at the senders address it did not mention my isp at all just (noname@nothing.com).  Also it has been my experience the auto-pays always notify me by text message.  

I didn't click on the link and I looked at a real bill from my company.  It was from a completely different address.  So I will ignore it, and I marked it as spam.  It almost got me, though, it had completely nailed the look and feel of the isp's monthly billing statement.  

Just think if they had put that kind of energy into doing some good with their talents!  Shame on them!  I wonder how many people will wake up to empty bank accounts tomorrow.  I did mark it as spam which was about all I could do.  

I slept terribly all night even in spite of my stalwart bed cats.  I woke up to find my alarm clock reading 62:05 which means I'm buying a new one tomorrow.  My backup is still OK.  I had a pounding headache.  Took something, back to bed.  Got up about 3:30 and took my shower.  Not only did I have several very nasty dizzy spells I also almost vomited a few times, I guess from the headache, so I said no thanks, filed an absence on my work app, put my phone on do not disturb, and went back to bed.  

My headache is better but I still feel groggy.  The rain seems over but it is humid and warm.  

That's it for now. 

No comments: