Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Most of Tuesday

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]\
I was a little bit of a jerk today.

I got up, took my shower, helped Ron, took care of the cats (they wanted wet and dry food, then I did the boxes), etc.

I took a Uber to Walmart and remembered to wear my mask.  I did turn on the music app (YouTube music) and had music playing softly on the speaker as I shopped = jerk.

I went straight for the men's department and the slacks must all be made in China.  They had NOTHING.  Ron wanted a 40 waist 29 inseam, elastic back, twill pant.  I wanted a dark color because khaki just shows everything and Ron is not really a preppy dresser.

Nothing.  I did find some twill shorts in dark colors for $10 each.  /////////////////////////////////////

As you can see, Torbie has been "coauthoring" the blog.  I called Ron and he said he didn't care, I got 2, and a pair of the knit shorts he likes.  He had worn a pair to the hospital but they got some sort of EKG lead on them and I couldn't get it off, I had to throw the shorts away, but they are only $6 so better that than something expensive. 

But that reinforces me, dress in cheap clothing if you send/are going to the hospital if at all possible. 

I got a navy and a dark gray, a black for the knit, a pocket t (I had to cut one off Ron the other day) in black, and a oversized baby blue tshirt for me.  I like getting tshirts from the men's department because they are more modest, and roomier. 

I did the rest of my shopping which was mainly getting some more of Ron's "casserole" - he likes a mixture of baked beans and whole kernel corn, with bacon bits.  It is filling and has a lot of protein.  I got a fair amount of diet soda for me. 

I did buy him some chicken strips but he is still full from breakfast.  I checked out and called a Uber, waited outside for a while.  One woman was complaining about "the heat" (it was about 80, and sunny, she was dressed in concealing clothes with a mask).  I didn't think it was hot I was loving it but then that's why I moved to Houston.  I like it warm and humid. 

She told me she was waiting on paratransit which didn't surprise me in the least.  I ordered the larger Uber, which I think is a good thing when I am going home from Walmart and will help me avoid the "You can't use my trunk" woman.  $3 is worth it. 

He had a huge cargo area you could have put a couple of full sized dogs, several bags of potting soil, a bike, and my stuff.  I put everything away and we left.  Worth the $3. 

We got home, I unloaded, came inside and sat down.  Ron did not want the chicken but said it smelled good.  He did have some lemonade, he loves that stuff.  He has been taking the kratom which is keeping his pain level down. 

I took the tags off his clothes and put them in the washer but didn't start the cycle.  I ate a fritter, took my pills, and took a nap.  I did wake up with a headache I think because I ate Stax.  They are a chip, can be a headache trigger for me.  So I went outside and had a hemp smoke. 

I came inside and cleaned the toilet, started the wash, checked on Ron.  I started the blog but Torbie wanted to "help" and kept opening up windows.  I have a photo but she is lying on my phone so I won't disturb her. 

I made the trip for tomorrow we have to get soda.  And stock, of course, but then we get Thursday off. 

I got a certified letter addressed to me saying I am being abused.  [sigh]  Their dedication is commendable but misplaced.  I really think I am "OK".  This letter was addressed the 13th the same as Ron's 2 letters and the one of mine.  That was a busy day for APS and my family. 

I will make some more phone calls on Thursday. 

No comments: