Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Naked on a big rig

Yesterday Houston was abuzz with the story of the naked woman dancing on top of a big rig at a big freeway interchange.  Photos were posted.  Let me see if I can get one. 

(Copyright Cypress Radio)
 
Now, I'm going to jump to a conclusion.  That, to me, is manic behavior.  Either she has drugs on board, or she didn't.  I will guess the latter. 

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing "we" bipolar do when manic and "off the chain".  Exactly what can be expected. 

This is why, upon hearing of it, my aunt phoned me, no doubt wondering if I was involved.  This is why, upon hearing of it, both Ron and I concluded she was bipolar and unmedicated. 

Certain things can only really fall in our camp. 

Now, civilians fail to understand this: this kind of insanity, and worse, lurks in the brain of every person with bipolar disorder.  Not one, not two, not some, but ALL of us have this level of "whack". 

This is why, all of us, need to take our medication as directed.  That means consistently and every day.  This is why it is such a terrible thing for someone to say "You seem fine now, why don't you stop taking that stuff?" 

Trust me, there is nothing we'd like better.  We would LOVE to stop our medication.  I am always so exhausted.  I get terrible headaches.  I don't get sick time, I have to work anyway.  Even my hands shake. 

I would love to stop.  But I can't. 

Because next time it will be me, naked, on top of the big rig. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% and a picture is 1000 words. I am printing it and putting it on the mirror!

awesome blossom! thanks for posting that!

poor lady but wow and yes I laughed but again that could have been me too!