Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Flaming hot pork rinds

I  couldn't believe it as I stood in the warehouse, surrounded by bottled water.  They had everything except "my" 20 ounce bottled water.  How can I stock the bottled vendor without water, which is literally 1/4 of our business? 

I was even more disgusted when I realized they were out of the 16.9 ounce black tea with peach, also a staple of our sales (and another 1/4 of our business). 

I left my "buggy" and went to talk to Ron.  He was outraged when I told him. 

He made a phone call and we decided to go to the other store, which, he'd been assured, had both.  It was a long ride. 

I got another flatbed cart (on average, I get about 60 cases of inventory), and rolled into the store.  Would they have what I needed?  Were the employees helpful?  Would I have a good "shop"?

Well, they didn't have the hot pork rinds, but I found everything else.  Not only that, one of the employees helped load my cart with all the bottled drinks I needed.  I didn't even have to ask. 

Well.  I had an even better time at checkout, and a very helpful young man helped load the truck.  I stopped at the customer service desk on my way out. 

"Which one of you talked to the crazy man yelling about bottled water?"  Ron can get a little vehement when he's "triggered". 

A woman raised her hand.  I indicated my loaded cart, complete with bottled water.  "I found it all.  Thank you very much for helping us."  She smiled.  I grinned back. 

The customer service was a thousand times better, it was better stocked, and overall much better run.  Ron and I have decided we will shop at that location from now on.  It's not worth it to go to the other place. 

Yes, they have flaming hot pork rinds, but that's all they have, and half the time they don't even have them in stock. 

Then we went to work.  I got the "buggies" and unloaded the truck with Ron's help.  He wore his glove and did not damage his hand. 

Good.  The last thing I need is Ron bleeding all over the merchandise!  Oh, that would be horrific. 

About a year ago I gashed my leg on a screw inside a snack machine door.  I couldn't stop bleeding, but that was only a couple inches above my ankle.  I just put some black pepper on it and it clotted up just fine.  I have a tiny scar but you really have to look. 

As a result, I am a huge fan of black pepper. 

I got everything inside the building and got to work stocking.  I had a significant amount of work.  I got it all done, helped Ron, got my high-value products locked in the bottom of a snack machine, and put the rest in our shared stockroom. 

Right after we finished, one of the bosses showed up and did an inspection.  You can bet I was really glad I had done all that work!  It looked great. 

She even said so. 

"I don't think" I told Ron later "Anyone figured we would be successful."  He agreed.  "For a while there we were barely making any money.  They didn't figure we could do it well."  Well, we do alright. 

Then it was out to the bus stop to wait on our ride, which came pretty quick, considering. 

We went home.  It was nearly 3. 

Now, about the neighbors.  Monday they went on some outing and were gone all day, so I had a great nap.  Yesterday they started playing outside around 3. 

It was well after 2.  It was a safe bet they would start making noise around 3 again. 

So I pulled out the pull-out and took a nap on the floor in the computer room.  Biscuit joined me.  I slept, for a change (I usually never sleep on the pull-out, but I must have been tired from the physical labor), and even had a dream.  I woke up a couple minutes before my alarm, at 4. 

I fixed up the pull-out (arranging the bedding, folding it up, etc.) and did my God Time (I hadn't done it in the morning due to headache and extreme fatigue), sitting on the pull-out loveseat.   I always do my God Time on the loveseat, it was just funny to sleep on it, and then 10 minutes later do my God time sitting on it. 

I finished that.  I had a headache so I took something for it, worried the caffeine in the headache pills would keep me up all night, and then I got online.  I need to check my email.  My Dad has a habit of sending out important news via email and I barely check it once a week. 

Tomorrow's a hard day for my Dad, so I will call him.  St Paddy's Day was never a happy holiday in my house.  Never.   

My Dad has his own reasons for that, which I won't disclose, but I understand.  That's why I will call. 

351 emails?  WHAT? 

I'll be back. 

As I figured, a combination of Amazon emails begging for feedback, other Amazon spam, spam from my health insurance?   I can understand a newsletter, but an app?  No.  Stuff from work, church, blogger, tons of sale stuff, just JUNK all of it JUNK except one from my Dad about a blind lady evangelist. 

Now I can tell him, tomorrow, I read it (and I did). 

After I did my Facebooking Ron and I went to the Waffle House for dinner.  I had 4 eggs, I was hungry.  Ron had me cut up his food (I don't mind). 

We were teasing the waitress who had a dog, telling her she should take the T-bone from Ron's dinner home to her dog.  She kept protesting and we kept teasing her as she laughed.  Her coworkers got in on it, too. 

We had a good, straight, ride home.  Alright.  I'll take it! 

Then I came back in the computer room and started telling you about my day.  I'm pretty tired so I should sleep OK. 

It's supposed to rain pretty hard tomorrow so Ron gave me the day off.  We plan to work Saturday night, though. 

No comments: