Friday, March 4, 2016

Assembling the bed

After I posted last night, Greg the Handyman came by to hang the exterior blinds.  They will block the sun from hitting the side of the house and warming it up. 

This will lead to the end of Ron SHUTTING the bathroom door and causing mold issues.  We still need to install a fan. 

Anyway, he's not a youngster.  The blinds are 8 feet long, I assumed he would need help.  I was right, but not much.  I did have to mace some hornets nesting near my sliding glass door but other than that it was uneventful. 

We got them hung but it took a while.  I watched a little TV and went to bed. 

This morning, I got up on my own around 7. 

I didn't take a shower because I knew I would need one later.  I did my God Time and ate.  When Ron got up, he started cleaning under his bed.  I had to move the mattress, box spring, and frame out into the hall.  Sweaty work! 

Ron had quite the accumulation.  I think I have good ammunition for the next time he yells about my housekeeping.  "What about under your bed?"  He had old snacks, bits of junk, etc., all mixed in with "good stuff" he wanted to keep. 

I let him work on that for a while.  I swept up under the bed and got up the bulk of it, throwing it away with the other stuff Ron had in a giant bag. 

I got the bed base and dragged it into Ron's room.  I got my knife and opened it.  It was just like mine, except a twin.  I basically had to unfold the legs and tighten some wing nuts on the support braces.  I positioned it correctly.  I dragged the mattress back into the room and positioned it on the bed.  I dragged the box spring and bed frame into the garage. 

THEN I took a shower.  Ron likes it a lot, especially the increased storage room underneath.  It isn't noisy, like the old (15 years) box springs.  It has a nice bounce to it. 

I told him we should keep the "old" stuff for a few days at least, to make sure he really likes the new one.  He says we don't need to do that, he already likes it.  We'll see. 

Next week looks to have some epic weather, rain and such.  Probably on garbage day.  That should be fun, dragging a box spring out to the curb in the rain on garbage day. 

After my shower, I ate some double cheeseburgers (they are a lot smaller now) I got yesterday at Burger King.  I took my meds and a nap. 

I had a hard time falling asleep, I think because my hair was still wet.  I lay there, trying to sleep (#6 will be having a party this weekend, according to my calendar), when it hit me: I am really depressed.  I had managed to mask it with activity but it really hit me.  I did manage to get a small nap with a cute little dream in it. 

In the dream, a radio talk show host and engineer were secretly in love, but each didn't want to confess their feelings to the other.  Everyone BUT them knew how they felt, though. 

Until something awful happened at the station and the "board" blew up right in front of the engineer.  The talk show host went running back to the station and found him shaken, but OK.  Her response, though, let him know.  He confessed his own feelings and took her hands into his own, as they gazed into each others eyes. 

That's a nice little dream. 

Now, I need to figure out cleaning.  Do I do the front room?  Bedroom? 

I have figured out I am going to throw away some old pillows.  I may put them in the garage and take them out the week after next; because the trash company will only take 5 items total.  If I put my old pillows in a trash bag that's an item.  I have the blind packaging and Ron's old blinds in a trash can, that's one item.  I have his bed, another.  I have the box spring (I am pretty sure a trash picker will take that), the regular garbage can, and the recycle. 

Torbie just came and laid down on the computer desk.  I guess I'll sign off. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched a bunch of TED talks on becoming a "minimalist" at the same time I was manic. I gave 40 bags of things I had away (Lent) and My house is clean before Easter, but wow. Maybe I shoudl have waited? because I have nothing left!
I never do it part way, but my husband is happy