Sunday, March 6, 2016

Hobble very fast

A nasty headache today.  It could have been the cream pie, the ice cream (chocolate chip cookie dough), or the "Krab" meat.  I'm not sure. 

I didn't vomit but it was pretty close, a time or two. 

I did manage to take a shower, do my God Time, and crawl back into bed with the cats. 

#6 decided to take advantage of the lovely weather, and had a long play session right outside my bedroom wall.  I didn't care, I wasn't budging. 

Now, I hate #6's parties.  But they don't throw dirty diapers on the roof like one "neighbor" did at the "Crackhead apartments", they don't beat their kids (I mean abuse) like she did either.  They don't throw their trash by the front door like that other woman did, or #2 did for a while.  They keep the home in good repair.  They aren't hoarders.  They don't get in my business - much - especially since I told him we are not interested in any "deals" (like taking my driveway).  They are cat-tolerant if nothing else.  She thinks the cats are cute, and has told me so. 

At the end of the day, they do love their kids and that's a big deal in these times. 

I do wonder why the third little boy is always crying, everytime I hear him outside.  I wonder if he's autistic or something.  He's the one that runs out into the street.  Who knows. 

I just hope I don't come home to a grisly scene, or worse yet, have one of my drivers run him over. They are keeping a MUCH tighter rein on him since I told the oldest boy Ron suffered all his injuries (I let him assume the blindness, as well) after being run over.  At the end of the day, no one wants to be a caregiver - unless they're a mutant like me! 

I don't see Ron needing 'much" aside from what a regular husband would require.  I need to provide food.  He has his own microwave.  He washes his own dishes or throws away the packaging.  I do all the laundry stuff but he hangs it up, the job I really hate.  I don't mind doing laundry, actually. 

He helps clean the litterbox and feeds the cats, you get the idea.  Plus he works. 

Sad to think of "able" men who do none of that. 

As I see it, Ron only needs help when it comes to transportation - getting from A to B.  He needs paratransit, and guidance, or he needs to ride in a wheelchair.  For VERY short trips he can walk with his hand on my shoulder.  I prop him up.   He does also need help shopping.

I was joined in bed by Torbie, sleeping by my head, which I love - I can't roll over on her and she is nearby.  I could hear her purring. 

Gravy slept in the middle of the bed, near my feet.  At one point he licked about half my foot, which I find so endearing.  Baby Girl slept nearby, on the floor, near the cat door.  She likes to sleep on the floor of my room. 

I slept, finally.  I had an odd dream about me in a bikini (In the dream, I could pull this off), a couple of swimming pools, and a big storm system coming. 

I tend to have the "storm system is coming" dream a lot, and the "Leaving for the airport" one.  Even Ron had the latter, recently. 

It was interesting.  Ron has not been able to run since about 6 AM, Tuesday, January 7, 2003.  In the dream, though, he said we were running through the airport and he took a heavy bag I was carrying.

"Were you really running in the dream?" I asked. 

Ron was thoughtful "Yes, I was.  Wow." 

At one point, years ago,  Ron and I had a wasp problem.  Ron told me to give him the wasp spray, he would use it, and "Hobble very fast" back to the house.  I fell down laughing, I could see it so clearly. 

I told him, no, I'd get it, because I could run if I had to, and not to mention I could see if they were all dead or not.  Needless to say I didn't have a problem.  Wasp spray here in America has a nice 20 foot stream. 

Some women keep it for self defense.  I have some by the door for both purposes. 

I finally got up and talked to Ron.  He made our trips for tomorrow. 

Earlier, he wanted to watch Ghostbusters.  I told him I would when I got up.  I have seen the movie dozens of times and he wanted my narration. 

When I got up, he was watching "Left Behind".  I was a big fan of the series and read all the books up until "The Mark".  In the book, a young man is "forcibly given the Mark of the Beast against his will" and therefore retains his salvation. 

They used a loophole which I find dangerous, in Revelation, it says those who take the mark and worship the best are damned.  They said, well, the latter didn't happen, so he's OK, and he still kept the mark of Jesus. 

I would rather not take chances with that!  If, by some unlikely event, my blog survives the Rapture, please don't take the mark of the beast.  You will know what it is, and it will go in your right hand or your forehead.  Once you do that, to paraphrase "Jesus Christ, Superstar", you are damned for all time. 



Yeah, don't be that. 

Ron found Jesus Christ, Superstar, to be a very compelling layout of the political times and attitudes when he was a teenager.  It was instrumental in helping him get saved (that, and stealing the Bible!).  I would see that as a better witnessing tool than Left Behind. 

I told him my objections and watched a Hobbit movie instead. 

No comments: