Monday, March 14, 2016

I say that a lot

The neighbors baffle me.  Saturday, kids in the yard all day playing.  Well, it's nice weather and we don't have a lot of that in Houston.  I understood that. 

Yesterday, dead silence all day, until well after 8 PM, when I went to bed.  Then, it's playtime for an hour and a half.  Why couldn't they have done that at a reasonable hour?  God only knows. 

Needless to say, I didn't sleep well, especially when I had to get up at 5 AM (that was eliminating my God Time, which I have yet to do).  I'm not angry, just baffled, and I say that a lot about them. 

Moving on: we had a good ride to work and a moderate amount of work to do.  We do need to make an inventory run before we stock again. 

Peanut butter crackers remain popular, I don't get it - I've never liked them, but the customers line up for them every day. 

Our food machine has a bad bill acceptor and validator.  I don't know what's wrong.  Hopefully we can get it sorted out. 

We got Ron a leather glove for his left (good) hand, and cut the fingers off so he can "see" what he's doing.  It worked very well today.  Looking at his hand now, it probably could have used some stitches, but it's healing alright.  So's the thing on his leg. 

After work, we went to Taco Bell.  Not to eat, but because it is close to the Post Office. 

You see, I can't mail anything at the postal facility where I work.  No, I have to go to the post office, mail it there, and then watch it go back to the postal facility where I work.  That's bureaucracy for you. 

So, I did, walked over and found some packaging for it, made up a label, and waited in line forever behind 8 other people. The Post Office box transactions take the longest amount of time.  No, passports are worse. 

Unfortunately, we went at lunch time so it took even longer. 

Ron had to push back our pickup another 20 minutes, which worked out just fine.  I finally got up the window, got rung up (he gave me a flat rate padded envelope which saved me a few dollars), and on my way.   He was very nice, which is what I really care about, so I filled out a survey when I turned on the computer. 

We had just enough time to eat before the driver arrived.  He was a nice guy.  I got home and tried to take a nap, but the yard guys showed up.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to see them (they are still working), but I really wanted that nap. 

We'll see if I can get one after they depart.  If so, I will do my God Time when I get up. 

Ron is busy stuffing his face with a 5-layer burrito (he is addicted to them, and no, I have no idea what the 5 layers are), making yum yum noises.  The cats are upset at the power equipment being used.  The yard guy's happy Ron gave him a tip. 

[sigh]  Now let's go see about that nap. 

No comments:


I got up around 8 and took my shower, did my God Time.  Ron only interrupted me once.  He didn't know I was "doing it".  He al...