Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Made new

Well, let's see if it will work this time. 

Yes, it will.  As I was saying, I am horribly depressed today. 

I did manage to:
1.  Take a shower.
2.  Go to the warehouse and get a whole flatbed of merchandise. 
3.  Put said flatbed in the truck, in the rain, no less. 
4.  Go to gas station and get Ron a couple of tacos.
5.  Unload hand carts in the stockroom.
6.  Unload truck onto handcarts and get them into the building past the interviewees.  (Poor things have no idea what they're in for).
7.  Got stuff into building. 
8.  Stocked. 
9.  Helped Ron. 
10.  Met with the boss for quarterly review. 
11.  Got all my "leftovers" stuffed into the stockroom. 

We went home, I ate and took my pills.  I had woken with a nasty headache, and I can't take my antidepressant when I have a severe headache, it trips right into vomiting migraine.  I only tried that once.    However, the headache was OK by the time I got home so I took "everything" in one dose with some fake "krab", a glass of milk, and a small bag of Queso chips.  Sounds awful, but it did the trick. 

It took me a little while to fall asleep, but I got a decent nap.  My sinus infection and insomnia bout really taught me to value any sleep I can grab. 

I woke up and did:
12.  My God time. 

I checked my computer and learned my package had been delivered.  I checked the mailbox and found my crochet hooks, and the performance t shirt.  It looks nice. 

My Walmart performance t-shirt has been very comfortable.  It dried quickly when I was working in the rain.  I didn't have any see-through with my bra.  It gets 5 stars so far.  We'll see how it launders.  That may be it's only problem. 

I was just happy I wasn't any sweatier or clammier than I had to be.  Getting rained on while doing manual labor is not my favorite, and is actually what blew me from a simple head cold into a sinus infection. 

I never believed that stuff about getting wet and cold, but I do now! 

I'm not taking any supplements for a couple weeks.  I had some kind of allergic reaction, maybe poison ivy brought home by Biscuit, but I had hives other places, too. 

So, my body isn't liking something I put in my body.  It was easy enough, when I did up my pills, to say "no supplements for a couple of weeks" and act accordingly.  It is odd to have just prescription tablets and capsules on board, but they are easier to take. 

I tend to require a lot of vitamin A so I plan to add that back, first.  Then Vitamin E, Calcium/Mag/zinc, probably my multivitamin.  I could probably use some iron, too, but the green ones make me queasy. 

The last thing I want to do, after taking a psychiatric medication, is vomit it up again! 

I never, in a million years, DREAMED I would need 8 prescriptions a day to stay alive (some of them are multiples of one drug).  But I always knew, on some level, that I had a dangerous illness that would kill me if I didn't stop it.  I knew it.  I knew I would DIE.  I knew I needed help, a diagnosis and treatment. 

Praise God I did get the diagnosis on September 1, 2006.  Praise God I got the medication in November of that year.  Praise God He gave me the brains to take it. 

That's really the hard part; shoveling medication in my mouth day after day for years, battling my symptoms while I do so.  It's exhausting. 

But God needs me like this.  I quoted Revelation 21:5 on Facebook:
Revelation 21:5
New King James Version (NKJV)
Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

Thank God.  I am ready to be made new. 

No comments: