Friday, September 25, 2015

I burned up my mania on your bloody stools

"What's wrong?" Ron asked. 

"Depressed". 

He was nice about it, but disappointed.  Well, sorry, I burned up my mania on your bloody stools!  [laugh] 

Ah, well - half the time, I'm depressed.  It's just my special time for depression.  Hopefully I pop out of it in a few weeks. 

For the short term, Ron will save a lot of money.  So will I.  I won't want to shop or go out.  I'll grimly eat the same thing day after day as I choke down my medication.   I won't even care. 

This morning was pretty funny.  I woke up and Biscuit came galloping into my room and on the bed.  "Meow!  Meow?"  He loves his canned food.  "Meow?"  He walked all over me, purring and kneading.  I did object when he started kneading my butt with his claws extended. 

It did work to get me out of bed.  I jumped up pretty quick. 

We went to breakfast.  I got pancakes, Ron got a 3 meat omlette with biscuits and home fries.  I kept poaching the fries as one of the servers frowned disapprovingly.  I finally asked him, aloud, if he minded. 

Indignant: "Of course not!"  She left. 

After we left, one of the shift supervisors came running after me, my bag in his hand.  I thanked him and explained "Yo tengo un cabeza lastimada".  (I have a head injury).  He nodded solemnly "Oh".  I thanked him again and he grinned. 

It was funny.  Our first ride was a contracted Yellow Cab driver from Guyana.  We chatted a little.  She knew "The guy with the dreadlocks from Guyana" - they are related. 

Sure enough, we had him to go back home.  "What are the odds?" the driver asked in his musical accent. 

Ron had arranged for the garage door guy to come by during my nap time.  I wasn't happy about that.  I did manage to sleep for about half an hour. 

I would have had longer, but I had a furry, fat, little terrorist named Torbie all over me, wanting petting.  She likes to get her attention when I'm falling asleep.  When she's done with me, she struts off to her spot, wherever it is. 

I got up, waited a while for the guy.  He did a great job. 

Now we need to have Greg come out and cut a new cat door hole.  That sounds wrong. 

Now I can clean out the garage, no wasps to worry about.  It has a lot of dead leaves and spiderwebs. 

I'll save that for another day, I'm pretty exhausted. 

I'm glad the depression didn't hit during all the drama but I am NEVER happy to see it.  Ever. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to ask if you get physical aches and pains like the aches and pains when you are coming down with a virus, do you get that with your depressions? I am asking because I do and just wondered. I feel like I am about to come down with the flu when I get depressed. if it does not turn into a physical illness like a cold I know it is depression

cycles

Heather Knits said...

I don't really get achy. I get headaches, unrelated to mania or depression. In fact, a migraine can flip me from one to the other.

I got the abdominal pain; not since my diagnosis.

Yesterday and most of today I had the invisible bugs crawling on me. Ugh.

I tend to have more nausea when I'm depressed.

Anonymous said...

being mentally ill can be so fk'd up we appear normal some of us function normally (I just retired from a very good career I adored). I get struck by horrible fatigue and malaise but sometimes it is allergies and I stay "up" then sometimes it is the prodrome for depression. I am sure it is CFS as well but whatever.
I live for my hyper mania. I put up a chalkboard for my granddaughter and realized now she is in school I can write reminders of things I need to do for the "hyper" days

I get to where I forget them and then kick myself that I did not take care of my list so now it is up on a chalkboard and the moment I feel better I am up and doing what I should be.

so I was having a super duper pity fest yesterday with a friend who feels she is on the verge of a psychotic breakdown herself and a guy went shooting through an intersection in a wheelchair with no arms no legs and a HUGE SMILE ON HIS FACE!!! I still can not figure out how he drove that thing ..it was like "ok bitches we know we are crazy but we have our arms and legs and can ambulate freely pull it together and soldier on you will be feeling better in a day or to suck it up and just embrace it "

Heather remember if it was not for you? your husband could be dead right now ..over and over again you are his angel in this world if you had not seen that blood he would have died because he was numbing himself with alcohol and that happens a lot not just with him but others who have episodes like this.

we all have our demons but Ron? he has an angel in his life in you! I have been married 36 years and no matter what men are a lot of work on a good day OOOXXX