Tuesday, September 22, 2015

I hope he likes cats!

Interesting birthday. 

I started out waking early, shower, God Time, talked to Ron. 

I wasn't too happy when I realized my latino neighbor had picked up a bunch of "illegals" and left them in his yard all day working on the back fence.  They took most of the day redoing about 60 feet of fencing. 

I couldn't really get my nap later because they were walking around, banging on things, jabbering, and running the compressor. 

Well, they're not having a party.  I guess that comes this weekend. 

Hey, Ron doesn't have cancer, doesn't need surgery.  I don't have to run the business and try to take care of him, too.  I don't have to deal with friends trying to shove their unsuitable adult children at me, as a "viable help" for the business. 

And, it's my birthday.

We went to Fry's. I got my monitor.  Might I say it is exactly what I hoped for.  It does wobble a little when I type but that will be fixed tomorrow. 

I also got a couple of other things, small items. 

I still need to figure out how to synch the bluetooth keyboard to my tablet.  I'll figure it out. 

We went to lunch, Arby's.  Dad called and sang Happy Birthday at me.  We may be a little awkward at times but I know he loves me, would absolutely take a bullet for me.  I hope he knows the same. 

We got home.  I tried to take my nap, but that didn't work.  I got up and tried to get the monitor going. 

From what I can conclude, the desktop won't work with my monitor.  It works great on my geriatric laptop.  That's how I'm typing now.  It's a little odd because I'm not as familiar with the keyboard. 

Ron called his computer guy, which will, presumably, result in a "new" computer for me tomorrow.  I don't need it to do a lot. Music and internet, mostly. 

I got over my aggravation - why stomp around in a pissy mood on my birthday?  The old desktop was a gift, as was the laptop.  I'm going to be happy I know awesome people who would do that. 

Ooh, my wrists are toasty warm from the laptop, and my tremor's kind of bad due to my hand position. I have a moderate hand tremor due to lithium usage.  Doc's medical students love it.  Kind of like Ron with the medical students: "Ooh!  Lookit!"  [snort]

I will ask Doc about it.  Perhaps a beta blocker would help the tremor, and prevent migraines.  If I could do that, I'd take it, as long as I had minimal side effects.  It might even help with the palpitations. 

I should probably get an EKG, though. 

[sigh] Anyway: I am happy I got the monitor.  I will have to get up earlier tomorrow, to get Ron in the bath, prior to visiting his doc, and showering and doing my God Time before Computer Guy comes over.  I cleaned up what I could. 

The house is a mess, that's for sure, but I will do what I can to make it reasonable.  I will hide the "Crazy Survivalist" stuff.  :p 

I hope he likes cats! 

Torbie is a big flirt whenever men come over. 

So, I'll probably get some pizza.  I haven't taken my meds yet.  Like I told my Dad "I'd be plugging the monitor into the mouse port". 

Ron's colitis has been a LOT better.  Less urgency, way fewer trips to the toilet, and way less bloodstained wipes in the trash can. Doc will be happy to hear it.  I am! 

I am VERY curious to hear the formal diagnosis. 

No comments: