Sunday, September 27, 2015

It's not my colon

Classic fit (he doesn't like baggy).  Flat front (I don't like him in pleats).  36x29.  2 Navy, 2 Black.

We bought him a couple pairs of pants today.  It's been funny, with Ron, shopping for clothes.  He seems to hover around a 36. 

He worked in an office before he met me, so he had a lot of dress slacks and button down oxford style tops.  He went to vocational training and needed the wardrobe, then an office job where it continued. 

I liked him best in jeans and a cowboy hat.  Sexy!  It's funny, I love Ron in a short-trimmed beard.  I don't like beards on other men, as a rule.  Obviously I find him appealing or I wouldn't have married him. 

"I'd much rather have an interesting face." I told him "Than a handsome one".  He just shook his head, grinning. 

Anyway, Ron needed pants.  He generally runs between 32 (when we met) to 42 (all time high directly before the accident - a hell of a way to lose weight).  Today I found an assortment of suitable pants (the 28 inseam makes it a little tricky) in 36-38. 

Ron takes a while trying on clothes, not surprising when you consider his physical problems.  We didn't have a lot of time so I did my shopping (mainly insoles! and cat food!). 

Ron called me after about 10 minutes.  He'd tried on two, and wasn't sure about one.  The other, he declared, was "too baggy".  The 38's went back.  One of them had pleats, anyway.  Ick. 

He did request more of the pair I mentioned.  Happily, they were the $12 pair.  I got those and he tried on the rest as I loaded up on cat food. 

I spent $20 on cat food.  Good thing they're cute! 

I came back, Ron finished.  We threw the "good" ones in the cart.  I have them in the washer now. 

Ron wears t-shirts with khakis, at work.  It may not be the most appropriate pairing but it's a lot better than the dress slacks, which always needed mending. 

Ron's pretty simple, some pants every 3-4 years, some t-shirts every year or so (colors we both agree we like).   Ron does remember colors, mainly primary ones. 

A quick note on color: We don't have any red, or blue, as we do ministry in gangland.  It would be Very Bad if we wore the wrong color.  We go for ghetto neutral, me in safety orange and black or navy, Ron in green or tan. 

Pays to be smart. 

As a result, the drug dealers, gang members, and I have a tacit agreement: You don't see me, I don't see you. 

Back to clothes.  I popped Ron back in the kiddie cart and we went off in search of salty snacks.  He wanted rice crackers, the spicy kind. 

Doc did say regular diet.  It's not what I would eat with colitis, but it's not my colon, either.  He is still passing blood, he seems to have leveled off at about 1 T blood clot plus 2 T blood, a couple times a day. 

I'm a little annoyed I haven't gotten my books yet, but Amazon would probably say "You should have got the Kindle version". 

I am very much a "research the hell out of the condition" type of person.  If I know it I can fight it (or help).   I did that with his head injury and my illness. 

I was exposed to an absolute germ factory while buying Ron pain relievers.  I will be eating a lot of protein with my dinner tonight. 

No comments: