Thursday, September 3, 2015

Should things go badly

Well.  I finally have permission to discuss:

Ron

Rectal bleeding.  A couple tablespoons at a time.  This has been ongoing for over a year. 

YES I talked to him about it.  Endlessly, only to be met with exasperating fatalism.  Today, he's finally at the point where he'll discuss treatment. 

"Neither of us wants this to end with a colostomy" I told him.  

Since he's telling paratransit about it, I asked if I could write about it in the blog.  "Protect my dignity" he said. 

Done. 

Not exactly how I wanted to spend my day off, but I have a headache anyway.   I will be bringing my go-home bag, medication, OTC things I might need, music, Kindle, MP3 player, batteries. 

Should things go badly (or well, depending on perspective), I will have my aunt and uncle bring me home for my hospital bag - toiletries, a few changes of clothes, some additional snacks.  Then back to the hospital with Ron. 

I can certainly run the business for a while on my own.  [sigh]  Thank God this is happening AFTER the bus system revamp. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopfully hemerrhoids? And not worse. Be well Heather.

Jillian said...

Prayers for Ron..