Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Happier times

Today's one of those uninspired days. 

I had a hard time falling asleep last night. So glad I didn't have to shave my legs this morning.  I showered, talked to Ron, did my God Time later. 

We went to work.  We rode with a Pakistani cab driver and talked about ethnic food.  I was a little queasy from my Wellbutrin but I didn't whine about it.  He suggested a place near my house if I want ingredients. 

We got to work, the machines were about half empty.  Ron kept "bothering" me.  I finally said "You know the machines are not being stocked while I do this?".  He let me alone for a while after that. 

I just need an hour or so to do snacks.  If I have that I can get them done and help Ron with whatever.  Which I did. 

I even had time to do pastry.  I was very happy walking away from my vending machines. 

We talked to the other guys and they will put my water on one of the shelves.  But they know we're coming Friday. 

Things are a little weird with the other vendor.  It's my understanding he is supposed to give us a ride to the conference every year. 

He says no, he has to take his brother.  His brother lost his location 6 months ago, hasn't bid on a new one, and isn't planning to bid on anything in the future.  You only have a year on idle before they boot you from the program.  So why is he even bothering to go? 

Also, if you have a 7 passenger vehicle, you, your wife, and your brother are only 3.  Ron and I make 5.  Still plenty of room for 2 more people. 

Anyway, Ron and I agreed we're not going to beg.  If he wants to play games that's on him.  We'll take the Greyhound. 

I am fine with that, but for two things:
  1. Filthy Greyhound bathrooms.  I mean, filthy.  Both in the station and on the bus.  I'll remind you I need to pee every hour or two thanks to my lithium.  That could get pretty eeky. 
  2. Greyhound won't let me bring my knife aboard.  I am very partial to my knife. 
I have a small duffle bag, good for a couple days of clothing and our supplies (hint, it's going to rattle when I walk).  I plan to bring my hoodie and a vest, just in case it gets cold.  It could be pretty miserable waiting on a cab. 

Ron arranged to stay with a friend.  We plan to use Austin cabs to get to and from the conference.  It's coming up soon, but I won't say when.  That would be stupid, we'd get robbed.  Not that I have anything, unless you are really itching for some whole Spanish Bibles. 

Speaking of stuff, we got the Scripture Booklets for Halloween Handout.  That's always fun.  As I've said, I still need some ziplocks, full sized candy bars, and small candy. 

We found a half grown orange cat in the yard this morning.  It was pretty cute until I caught it hissing at Biscuit.  Biscuit was just saying hello, not aggressive or defensive at all.  He was in a greeting posture. 

After that, I couldn't wait to get rid of the little shit.  Torbie ran it off while we were gone, I think. 

After work, we went to the bank, and deposited a large sum to cover some expenses.  Ouch.  We came home, ate some leftovers, and went to bed. 

I woke up after a couple of hours.  I had an odd nightmare about Ben Carson.  Someone was trying to frame him, and it was my job to take accurate photos to protect him.  The dream also involved a housing search and some cliffs. 

Once I got up, I decided to tackle the printer.  As I said, I want to just print up Ron's medical history on demand.  I got an HP 2130 for $40 at Walmart.  I had a little trouble getting it set up but eventually figured it out. 

Then I printed up the medical history, which turned out to be 3 pages.  I stuck it in the folder I'm using for his information. 

Ron was happy I got it going. 

Now I need to figure out dinner.  I see Doc tomorrow and meet my aunt for lunch. 

Glad to see her in happier times. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know folks have had " issues" with Uber but really it is safer/ faster than a bus and right now they are under the microscope because if the shitty people driving. So they have cracked down, on investigating drivers.
Is there a train?

Just a thought, long distance buses are disgusting I agree and it is shame becuse we live in a first world country with almost and sometimes third world bus situatuins

Good luck have fun, i love Austin have friends there....they do keep it " weird" in the fun way only austin can!
Can you take photos and post them of your trip
Ps agreed if they are saying " no" back off or it could be worse than a bus
Be safe and blog your stories we love them!