Monday, September 21, 2015

She'll fire herself

I had a hard time falling asleep last night, I still worry about Ron, his treatment plan, his formal diagnosis.  I was able to look up his blood test results from a few weeks ago: anemic, but not horribly so. 

I also found out he had pretty low blood pressure (83/55) during his procedure.  Twice. 

Interesting. 

"I'm all up in your business" I told him.  He didn't care.  He just wanted my suggestions for anemia: meat.  Lots of red meat.  Iron pills, and Vitamin C (his anemia is due to blood loss). 

I did notice, taking iron supplements, I had a much lighter, nearly normal flow (it was still pretty heavy) cycle.  So I can clearly use the tablets, too.  I bought some today. 

Anyway, I finally got to sleep, but I didn't get enough sleep.  I woke up with a mild headache. 

Walmart recently switched suppliers on the Wellbutrin.  I have taken Brand A for nearly 6 years now.  They have large, round, beige, tablets.  It's a generic.  It worked well enough but often provoked headaches, and God knows I couldn't go anywhere near those things if I was working on a migraine.  Instant vomiting. 

The goal, in taking medication, is to keep it down. 

Anyway, Walmart got a new supplier: Brand B.  The tablets are smaller and very orange, bearing a remarkable resemblance to my Haldol.  I have to be careful doing up my pills.  That would be a very odd week, half dose antidepressants and double Haldols! 

Brand B is a little more expensive; but no headaches.  I didn't realize how bad they were until I took Brand A today.  I developed a horrible, gripping, headache that hasn't quit. 

I am so, so, glad they switched to Brand B.  It works just as well but way fewer side effects.  It's only an extra couple bucks a month, money well spent. 

I learned my lesson. 

We went to work.  Snack machines look like a pack of starving wolves went at 'em.  I'm glad they like my selections, but it's a little alarming! 

I spent nearly an hour just on the candy bars, and I only have 3 machines!  I also made "helping Ron" a higher priority than usual, don't regret that, but I didn't get to finish my pastry. 

The other vendor is really happy Ron's going to be OK. 

Ron, on the other hand, spent a very miserable 20 minutes in the bathroom this morning.  I think he is having problems with pain.  He has the massager sitting on his belly right now. 

That's one treatment I never heard for colitis! 

Anyway, we had a good day at work.  Ron was thrilled I helped him so much - I think I will just have to do that from now on - and plan more time for both of us.  I was 95% happy with my stocking. 

I got sandwiches and put them all in the Rowe food machine.  People don't want to walk over to the API.  I told Ron I need to make a trip and just buy shelf stable items to put into the machine.  I threw out a lot of sandwiches (money) on Saturday. 

We left. 

We had a nice driver, but a very long ride all around north Houston.  I didn't mind too much.  My head was "killing" even after my Excedrin.  It did improve before we got to Walmart. 

We finally did get to Walmart and I got everything on our list.  I even remembered a few things NOT on the list. 

I wish I could have remembered to put my TV dinners in the freezer.  :(  Oh, well, it was only $3.25 for all of them. 

We had a very long wait, over an hour, and the driver totally ignored us.  I had to put the walker in the back of the vehicle because she was "ON the phone". 

"On the phone" may work with your friends and family: "Don't bother me, I'm on the phone" but it is strictly prohibited for a driver to talk on the phone when they have clients. 

I don't mind putting up my groceries.  As I see it, that's my job.  But putting up the mobility device is the driver's job.  

She used to be a nice professional with a good work ethic.  When we got to the house I had to take the walker out (again, strictly forbidden for the driver to force a caregiver to do this).  Happily my headache was at the point I could.  

I was rather annoyed, 10 minutes later, to see her still sitting in front of my house talking on the phone.  I can only conclude she wants to be caught and fired.  That kind of behavior will get her caught, and fired.  I don't need to do anything.

As Ron would say "She'll fire herself".

We went in.  I put away the soymilk (forgot the dinners! :(  But they were mine so not as big a deal), ate, and went to bed.

I slept a couple hours, woke up, the headache still roaring and snarling.  For once, I opted to skip my God time.  I just feel like crap.

Tomorrow's my birthday.  I told Ron I wanted a computer monitor (I have a very old one) so we'll see what I get.  I don't want to be wasteful, but I am a little tired of the small screen.  A new one may even help prevent headaches.

Considering I got a toilet last year (Ron and I agree: best gift ever), I don't mind getting something for "me" this time.

Metro Bus wants to interview me for a special they are doing on the system changes.  I have been a very vocal "happy customer" and they want to share that.  I have a nice voice, I'm told, so that will be fun.  When it happens I will put up a link, if possible.

So, tomorrow's my birthday.  41, not that I care.  I will say I have a lot more brown than I expected.  My hair is still only about 10-15% gray.  My dad was about half gray at my age, my mother completely.  Of course they were raising me!  [laugh]  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you check the side effects and problems with taking Iron and vit C it may explain the increase in Ron's abdominal pain

many folks who are anemic have trouble with the supplements because it causes terrible stomach pains

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HEATHER! I cannot post tomorrow so I will stick it right here!

so sorry you forgot your dinners I hate that and when I do something like that for me it stings when I got a good deal

argh! But so happy Ron is fine and you are all doing well now except your darn headache

Happy Happy Birthday! many best wishes sent for a peaceful and "fun" day! OOOXXX