Friday, September 11, 2015

Over

It's deeply ironic. 

For years, I had a problem.  Everyone had told me I "wasn't" crazy, "wasn't" hallucinating, "didn't" have bad thoughts... I was in deep denial.  When my illness flared up, I'd have physical symptoms instead. 

I "couldn't" be delusional, but I "could" have abdominal pain.  And I did... horrific, wracking, abdominal pain.  I thought I had every abdominal condition in the book.  I restricted my diet.  I went to the emergency room. 

They'd diagnose me with spasms in my intestine, and give me little pills.  The pills made me manic, which I liked, and "fixed" the pain issue for a while.  I did that twice.  Other times they just did a lot of testing and sent me home. 

I was alert to my every symptom.  Pain, in particular. 

Then I got my diagnosis, found out I really was crazy after all, and began medication.  Funny thing, all the medication is supposed to be hard on my digestion, which, ironically, has never been better save some nausea. 

I didn't really conclude Ron had a problem.  Yes, it seemed our lives were revolving around his butt.  He had a lot of urgency when he did go.  I attributed that to his condition. 

Some blood on the tissues in our trash can... hm.  I guess it's hemorrhoids. 

Continued urgency to go, more frequent "gos", straining but nothing's coming out, still no alarms. 

Then I started finding the blood clots in the toilet.  THAT'S a problem. 

I find it sickly funny that I always thought I had a gut "condition", and Ron does.  

I did order him some probiotics.  Whatever it is should be helped by them.  Since a relative has various gut issues, I also contacted that person with a list of probiotic suggestions.  Might as well get everyone at once, I figure.

Oh, I'll be glad when this is over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Ron does not have cancer!

Heather Knits said...

Well, I don't know that. We will have to wait on the colonoscopy and biopsies.

I just think it COULD be ulcerative colitis just as easy as it "Could" be cancer. Hell, the doctor even said he's seen hemorrhoids that "bled gallons".

God only knows. I just hope it is treatable, whatever it "be".

Anonymous said...

we all hope the best and yes hemorrhoids can bleed so badly that a person needs a pad to soak it up ..

oh Heather we wish you well and hope this is all easily resolved

give Ron a hug and tell him to hug you back for all of us who can not do it in person now