Thursday, September 24, 2015

It's been a hell of a month

I overslept this morning.  Ron's alarm woke me up, and he sets it half an hour early. 

I had enough time to dress, brush my hair, and grab a harried snack with my medication. 

I have been horribly queasy lately.  I have a couple of theories on this.

1.  Prior to my diagnosis (crazy) I used to develop a lot of "stomach trouble" in times of great emotional distress.  The gut, is "like" "totally" linked to the brain.  It's been a hell of a month. 

2.  I started taking Ron's iron tablets.  I figured they would help.  Not so much, I think. 

At any rate, I stopped taking the iron tablets.  I have a lot of puddings and soft bland foods.  My stomach likes a small feeding every now and then.  It likes a Big Meal with the afternoon medication (5 mood stabilizers and an antipsychotic).   It likes pepto and very cold diet sodas, with the occasional decaf diet soda. 

I like to think I've figured things out.  Anyway, it's been nagging and pervasive, but not horrible. 

Ugh. 

So, we went to work.... off in our ride... and there was a horrible wreck on the Beltway.  We were stuck in traffic for over an hour. 

That, of course, cut an hour out of work.  I was scrambling to fill the snack machines and assist Ron.  He said I was a "Big help' so I did manage that; but I didn't get to do the pastry again. 

He agreed to schedule a very long day on Saturday. 

One of my friends gave me a gift bag containing a tunic top (she guessed my size correctly!  Brave woman!) and several cans of Biscuit's favorite cat food.  He is so, so, happy. 

I thought it was incredibly sweet. 

[belch]  Maybe that will help. 

We went home, I got a small nap, and then we went to Arby's, but the driver was over an hour late.  Ron had to call and adjust the time to come home. 

I did, happily, get my time at the nearby Dollar Store.  Ron discovered curly fries don't agree with his condition

While paying, the driver gaped at the wad of $1 bills in my hand (about 40).  "Where did you get all those ones?" 

I grinned.  "My husband earned it, stripping". 

He gaped at me for a second, and burst out laughing. 

No comments: