Saturday, September 19, 2015

Back to work

Saturday is typically "Truck Day".  We go to Sam's, get a truckload (literally) of inventory, and take it to work.  I load and unload.  Ron helps push the items out of the truck bed. 

We did that.  Ron was fine.  I made a joke about his colon falling out when he tried to pick up a case of drinks. 

I went in with the carts.  Ron sat in the hall and played music at the postal workers for about an hour and a half.  I didn't mind. 

He just had surgery.  He's been sick.  He's entitled to loaf around a little.  He never does that. 

I did snacks and about 1/3 of canned sodas, before I asked him a question.  He came back and helped. 

I assisted him with the sodas, bottled drinks, etc.  I put away the snacks.  We got it all done just about on time, even with Ron "playing" for a while. 

I really didn't mind.  I worry he pushes himself too hard anyway.  Just get me to work and you can do whatever you want (although I did see the #6 bus so I could have got home on my own). 

I am so happy he does not need surgery.  It's a lot of work, running the business, and Ron does more than I think. 

I told everyone Ron did not have cancer, they were really happy to hear it.  One taciturn maintenance guy in particular.  One of his best friends had died of colon cancer.

That was a huge relief for everyone.

Someone called when I was working.  Ron was out in the "dead spot" so the call diverted to me.  He called me by name and we chatted for quite a while, before I figured out who it was.  It was good to hear from him.

Everyone is so happy for us.  That is really sweet and a wonderful gift.

It's good to be loved.

We finished up and I squashed everything into our area.  We left.  Our ride came pretty quickly.  He had a little trouble figuring out the pickup spot but did a good job.

We went home.

My neighbor, #6, is due to have a birthday party about this time.  I was worried he would have it today.  I am truly worn-out from all the drama.

When I came home, his yard looked terrible and his car was gone.  Praise God.  He always mows before the party.

I collapsed into bed and had a long nap.  I woke up with a mild headache but the aspirin did a pretty good job.

Did you know aspirin helps prevent colon cancer?  I have to take it anyway due to the lithium, but good to know.

I'd already done my God Time when I got up, along with my shower, so I got online.

We're going out to dinner.  I want pancakes.  The restaurant serves them with Cane Syrup, which I find delicious.  It has ruined me for any other syrup.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you both need a break and just goof off a bit what a relief it must be for both of you! I do not know you except this blog and am elated for you!

love travels far and wide
I so hope the best for you both and the kitties!