Saturday, September 26, 2015

Delicious smoked turkey

Today was so horrifically long. 

Yesterday I didn't get my nap due to the garage door.  We'd had a cat door in the garage door, which we replaced. 

The new door did not have a cat door.  The cats were Not Happy.  I'm sure the homeowners association will be thrilled.  They'd been unhappy about it. 

I didn't sleep well, worrying about the cats. 

We got up, went to the warehouse. Truck day.  We got a lot of inventory, they had the black tea in the bottles which our people love. 

I bought 9 cases, just of that. 

Ron called in a complaint to headquarters.  Apparently it took a while to filter back.  I had managers following me around, butt-kissing, for weeks.  I wanted to tell them go bother Ron, but people are scared of his raw and uncensored, head injured glory. 

I prefer a blunt man.  If you have something to say, say it plainly.  Ron does that. 

So, we got all that to work, unloaded, into the building, into the machines.  I had the usual helping Ron vs getting my own work done, conflict.  He didn't notice all the times I helped, just when I didn't.  And, in those cases, I just asked him to wait a few minutes. 

Ron's a do-it-now kind of guy.  He had a little mouth going. 

We left, our truck guy took us to lunch, then Home Depot, where I bought a glass cat door that fits into a regular patio door.  We called the guy. 

The guy came out a couple hours later.  He is older but very experienced and not afraid to bend a rule or two. 

It took him about an hour to get the cat door installed, but it's done now.  Gravy just came in and loved on my leg.  He was outside, we didn't let him in, so he figured it out on his own. 

I was exhausted, still am.  Depressed most of the day but I'm so tired it's converted to mania.  A useful tip. 

I wouldn't do that on a regular basis, but no nap 2 days in a row, poor sleep, stress, and all the rest will add up. 

I did have a delicious smoked turkey sandwich for dinner, and some kind of parfait for dessert.  For some reason, I couldn't stand the thought of red meat.  It just made me gag.  So I stuck to the turkey and my medication was happy when I took it. 

I am utterly exhausted.  I plan to do some God Time and go to bed. 

We have a little trip to Walmart tomorrow, but that's it. 

No comments: