Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Fairly upset

The day.  I cannot believe the day. 

I got up at 4 AM, took my shower, did some of my God Time, went to work.  We worked for hours' finally left.  We had a good ride home. 

I like to tease the drivers, when they find us.  I pantomime "pulling them in" on a rope.  It generally makes them laugh.  It does make me laugh. 

We went home.  I was sitting at the computer, when I heard someone open and close my gate.  I was Not Happy.  I started cursing and jumped up, only to find my yard guy's truck in the driveway.  Oh. 

He did a fantastic job.  In fact, our yard is the best-looking on the block.  When we got home tonight I found not one, but two, of my near neighbors mowing their own yards, not to be outdone by the cripples. 

I find that very funny.  Ron even called the yard guy and told him, and he laughed. 

I wasn't laughing later.  We had a ride to go to the doctor.  She was over an hour late.  We kept calling and they kept saying she was "in front of the house" - lying and playing games.  We knew she wasn't, as WE were in front of the house waiting. 

I called the head of the company, nearly in tears, talking about Ron, the bleeding tumor, and his need for surgery.  I was nearly hysterical, until Ron took the phone. 

"NO she's not in front of the house!"  I went back in to use the bathroom.  She finally showed up.  HUGE attitude. 

1.  "I know where ya'll live.  I've picked you up lots." 
2.  "Why you so upset?  We ALL have problems."  Saying it in such a way, her problems were worse. 
3.  "I was on my lunch".  So, the truth.  She wanted to take an extra lunch and talk on the phone, decided not to get us until she was "finished". 

However, I think management is roasting her on a spit right about now.  Do you know how bad it makes the company look?   This poor man with cancer, probably, just wants to go to his doctor, and you want an extra long lunch?

She had a huge, open tote bag.  That's a really bad idea - a lot of the clients will steal.  I stuck one of my Bibles into it as she unloaded the walker.

Lately, some of the drivers are acting like it's MY job to load the walker.  It's not.  It's my job to load Ron, assist him, load the packages, but mobility devices are under the driver's purview.  Annoying.  

At first, we went up to the building with a large colon icon.  "Colon Surgery".  Nope, wrong suite number. 

We pulled up in front of the "Right" building 10 minutes before the appointment.  It always takes forever to fill out the paperwork for Ron, I generally need a half hour.  I didn't say much as I left. 

We went up to the door, I pulled on it, and locked. 

What? 

Locked.    I tried it again. 

Locked.  Ron was clearly told to come to this office at this time.  What is going on? 

He called the office, and the woman who'd made his appointment made very vague, apologetic remarks about "The new system". 

"I have a bleeding tumor" he said "In my colon.  That doesn't help."  So-reee.  He hung up. 

Again, I was fairly upset.  F-it, I thought.  Ron needs a colon surgeon.  Let's go to the colon surgeons. 

"You can't just walk in!" Ron exclaimed, as I rolled him over on the walker.

My response was a mixture of epithets and "You need a doctor, I'm damned well going to find you one!"

We went in, I fell over the doormat, backwards, into the office, rolling the walker over my foot.  Ron was sitting on the walker so that was rather uncomfortable. 

We waited while the office manager conducted a meeting.  She came out, and met with us.  She took the matter very seriously... and scheduled us for tomorrow.  She even got Ron's Medicare information so she could get started. 

Praise God.  I really, really, wanted to hug her, but I didn't. 

Paratransit wasn't too bad getting us home, and when I did get home I found all the neighbors mowing.  [snort]  I got my new cell phone case in the mail, Ron got 8 talking books.  That will be great for him as he recovers. 

I even remembered to pay the water bill today. 

No comments: