Monday, September 28, 2015

Pay the man

One day, I'll have a boring day, and I won't know what to do with it. 

I'll start with the driver.  She came, early.  Started honking at 3:45 AM, 15 minutes BEFORE the pickup time.  Honking like an angry ex. 

We went out and asked her to stop.  While I was talking to her she began to emit bloodcurdling screams and screaming at me to get out of the doorway (she was driving "the short bus").  I turned around. 

Happy little Biscuit, curious about the new friend, was walking down the driveway towards the vehicle.  She scared the crap out of him and he ran away. 

She would say he scared the crap out of her.  Just walking around? 

It's sad.  Biscuit is actually afraid of most strangers. 

Now, if he were Bubba (the black cat), I could understand, but a harmless little mostly white cat?  Huh.  This must be how people feel about their pit bulls. 

My poor neighbors.  I'm sure she woke them all up.  My only consolation: one of them leaves for work at 3:30 AM.  Sorry. 

I will say it at least alerts them to the fact we do get up early. 

Ron and I were quiet, but I still feel bad. 

We then had a long ride all over north Houston.  We got to work over an hour later.  The driver went to the wrong address, again honking like the angry ex, waking up dozens of people - at the wrong address.  She's lucky she didn't get shot in that neighborhood. 

Finally at work.  I find it funny, when I hand my badge to the driver they always stop and look at my photo. 

Yes, it's me. 

We got in.  We got everything stocked and then had a very long wait.  We had such a long wait I actually sat down.  We finally got the delivery, 2 hours late.  We did get everything and the driver was nice, none of the merchandise damaged.  I put it away, paid the man, and we left. 

Our truck guy picked us up, we got some food.  Then he ran me by Walmart because my account is "dry".  I put a little in there.  Of course the balance shows more than what I should have.  In a case like that I just believe my total. 

We came home.  I went to bed.  Biscuit flopped on the bed with me.  He loves his Mama. 

I was glad I'd disabled the doorbell when I found the package on the porch.  It didn't wake me up! 

I have my Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the Colitis book, and a set of wireless headphones (surprisingly cheap at $24) for Ron. 

Praise God, we have tomorrow off.  Even better, no trips tomorrow. 

No comments: