Thursday, September 17, 2015

Prep Day

I didn't sleep well last night. 

1.  I think I had too much caffeine when we went out to dinner. 
2.  Worry. 

It took me forever to fall asleep (pretty standard with caffeine abuse issues).  Once I did Ron woke me up. 

Yes, he is still alive, and he won't limp for long.  :p 

KIDDING! 

My body is programmed to wake up at 8 AM, latest.  Sure enough, I did. 

I felt rather cheated.  Today I could have actually slept late, and I didn't?   Don't I know the next week will be chaotic? 

I got up and ate my porridge.  A couple months ago, I bought some multi grain flakes.  They are very good but require a little cooking.  I put them in the rice pot, with water, on the timer.  I added a little salt and a tablespoon of brown sugar. 

It was perfect. 

I have enough left for a later snack, or breakfast tomorrow, although I should really work a protein shake into today. 

I was worried about the hospital.  They were supposed to call, do an online intake, and set his appointment.  They finally did around noon. 

In the meantime, I did my God Time, ate, took my meds, showered (shaved my legs), and watched first season Supernatural reruns until the hospital called. 

"Heather, broken bones?" 

"Give me the phone".  I spoke medical to the nice person until they were satisfied.  I did give Ron back the phone when it came to alcohol use.  Apparently "we" have gone from 6 ounces a day, to 4. 

I finished up, gave it to Ron - he is sensitive about wanting to be respected, not talked over.  It is easy for people to assume he is inconsequential because he is disabled. 

While he is a head injury survivor, he isn't incompetent.  It's my job to walk the line there.  Informing his caregivers and keeping his dignity. 

I think I did fine. 

Anyway, they want us there early AM.  That means we get up at 3 to finish the protocol. 

After all that, I ate, took my meds, and took a nap. 

My phone rang an hour later, waking us up. 

Then Ron woke me up an hour later, assuming I was awake because I left the computer on. 

I woke up an hour after that with a headache, gave up, and took an OTC headache pill with a Mountain Dew.  Good luck sleeping tonight! 

I finally decided to hit my blog, which led me here. 

The fun starts in two hours with bowel prep.  I had better drink all my water and pee now (I need a couple gallons a day due to the lithium dehydration), because I don't think I'll have a big shot at the toilet, later. 

However, I do have plenty of wet wipes (Ron prefers them) and disinfecting wipes.  Between the two we'll keep things fresh. 

No, I wouldn't use disinfecting wipes on Ron, though I've been tempted! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a colonoscopy and the worst part was the prep! But afterwards i ate like a horse! Are they doung both his stomach and colon? Is that ok to ask?