Wednesday, May 26, 2021

I don't believe in soul mates

 I met Ron when I was 17.  I knew I loved him very quickly.  I moved in within months.  We were very close for 29 years.  Very compatible in a lot of ways.  But I don't think he was The Only One Ever.  I believe I could find someone else and have a very close relationship as well; question being, do I want to?  Sure not now.  One reason I wear my wedding ring.  

It's early days yet, not even 3 months out.   I'm still sticking to AT LEAST 5 years before dating.  

I got a love offering yesterday.  Someone who knew us pretty well.  It is appreciated.  

I am finally online in the schedule app for work, it kept saying no schedule for weeks...now I have one.  I find that promising.  I need to talk to personnel about it though as I cannot come in at 4 AM.  Buses don't run.  "Everyone" assumes that "everybody" has a car and drives.  I think I do pretty well without it.  

Ron used to quote a line from this song at me "I don't drive but I go pretty far".  


And I do.  I am pretty independent on the bus.  Hell, I used to get off work, go downtown, take the Greyhound to Austin every weekend, meet Ron, spend the weekend with him, and come back Sunday afternoon.  Every weekend, for months.  No regrets on doing that or all the money I spend on fares.  

Side note, Highway 290 between Houston and Austin has the most beautiful wildflowers, in the spring.  If Ron had been the wild flower type I would have done his ashes there.  But he was more a hiking and beach guy so we did the ashes there.  Dad is going to do his portion of ashes next week.  

And I got paid, a nice chunk, too.  It is good to be earning money.  I am in the official schedule now which is also great.  

But I'm not going to think about work.  That's just not logical to brood about work on my day off.  It's MY DAY OFF not my day to stress about work.  I got paid, that is the important thing.  

My bedding was getting a little gamey so I am washing it, I am doing the quilt with baking soda (great for any kind of odor) and Tide Free PODS.  Then I will wash the sheets in a separate load.  

I am going to go do my God Time before my groceries arrive.  

No comments: