Sunday, May 23, 2021

Work is going well

 I have been told I give my customers "The Ambassador treatment" which I took as a high compliment.  No customers = no money.  

I don't want to talk too much about work as it's a corporation and not the sole prop. I had with Ron.  Don't want a post coming back to haunt me.  But I am doing the work and that's what matters.  

I am really diligent about getting in early every day and that is working out for me.  It would be stupid to lose my job over tardiness, and it's a Walmart, so I can always look around before I clock in.  Today I plan to get some drink mixes.  

Today's a short day which is nice.  I am not sleeping great at night but I'm not waking up at 3 AM anymore either.   I generally feel fairly rested.  

I have been having a lot of dry mouth, I have to talk a lot at work, I take antidepressants.  I can have a bottle of water if I am discreet about it.  I still have to wear a mask as I did not get the vax.  

I can apparently get one at work now.  If I do I will get it on a Sunday and then I have 3 days off.  

I miss being married.  I miss the companionship.  My work station overlooks the men's clothing department and it is sad to see all the couples come in picking out clothes for him, or a woman by herself selecting items for her man.  I can't recall the last time I did that.  I don't know if I'll ever do that again.  Which is sad; but I don't want to leap into a bad relationship, either.  I am giving it at least 5 years on dating.  

It's early days yet, though, I assume I will get used to being lonely.  

I have been handing out a lot of candy to the drivers and that has been very popular; something that wouldn't be happening if Ron were alive.  No way I can do any evangelism (outright, prayer is fine if I am discreet) at work but to and from is all mine.  The drivers are generally happy to get it.  Eventually I would like to figure out a Bible Handout as well.  I just need to figure out where I would do it.  

And I remind myself no one at work or pretty much anywhere wants to hear about Ron.  So I don't talk about him except to Jack, my family.  Sometimes to the cats.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: