Monday, May 24, 2021

Homeowner's insurance only went up $100

 I woke up around 7, got up, did my God Time, cleaned the litter boxes, and then took a shower.  I prefer to shower after I do the boxes as I worry about getting nasty litter dust all over my arms.  

My aunt showed after her class and we went to the Post Office to get my mail.  And there was the insurance quote, only $100 more than the "with Ron" policy.  Not bad at all.  Still a lot of money by any stretch but doable.  I will pay that next week.  

We also got a copy of the mortgage insurance policy for my aunt and some other stuff I forget.  She showed me his bank statement where he got a stimulus, and yes, that is legal.  As long as he was alive January first (and we all know he died in March) he gets it.  So that will help the bottom line when I finally have access to his account.  I got the card as well!  

We were going to Burger King but they didn't want walk-ins, so we took our money to Whataburger and had a good meal.  I have just not had a great appetite lately which is new for me.  I just don't have any taste for food.  I have to force myself to eat.  I had a malt, some fries, and some of the hamburger where before I would have polished everything off.  We ran an errand and then I came home.  

She left after we did some computer work.  I got a phone call, someone is coming over with a love offering either tonight or tomorrow.  That will be great if it works out.  

My pride pretty much got flushed the day Ron died and I only had $16 to my name.  I had to ask for/receive help and I hope I have been gracious about it.  

Ron was always a little too proud.  Some of that rubbed off.  

I had a pretty uneventful evening until I decided to eat a few bites of burger and take my pills.  Sounds great?  I got out the burger, heated it up (a BBQ sweet and spicy bacon burger) and sat at the table, took a few bites.  I noticed Baby Girl roaming the area like a small, furry, shark.  She was meowing a lot, too.  I got distracted and she got up on the table, ran over to the burger, and took a bite!  She gobbled it all up and took another bite!  I yelled at her (not much, more of a scold) and she ran off.  I knew she liked plain McDonald's hamburgers but she apparently also likes Whataburger as well.  Good to know, I guess.  I hope the BBQ sauce doesn't upset her stomach.  

Other than that it was pretty uneventful.  I read my new insurance policy.  I do get a discount for being over 40, I see.  So that's not bad.  

I just need to decide if I want to pay it online or through the mail.  They both have their merits.  I will have to think about it a few days.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: