Monday, May 3, 2021

Monday, would have been a lot more fun if it had been manic

 I have NOT done a blog for the day.  

OK.  I slept in until 8, I am still waking up around 3 every night that is getting old.  I may try a walk in the morning after my shower and see if that helps.  I recall sleeping better when I worked out.  

Then I got on the job hunt.  It went like this: find a company, click on their "careers" job, see if they had anything that would work.  If they did upload resume and fill out application.  Then sent to "skills assessment" which takes quite a while.  

I get why they do all this.  They want to make sure the applicant can work a computer, is clever enough to figure it out, savvy enough to pass the test, social, hard worker, dedicated, patient, not a serial killer or antisocial.  I get that.  It doesn't make the process fun.  

And they say things like "Don't think about your answers" easier said than done.  Every question, and there were many today, I wondered what they thought was the "right" answer.  

One company asked a lot of questions do I follow orders, I do.  I said that.  I wouldn't want a defiant employee blazing their own path.  The way I see it you are paying me to do what you tell me to do (as long as it is not a sex act, or illegal).  For a caregiver job that might be cleaning a litter box even though it wasn't in the job description.  If it needs to be done, I'll do it.  Was that "right"?  We'll see.  

Another company, can't say who because I clicked a non disclosure agreement, wanted to know my level of ambition.  What is more important, money or family?  Etc.  Money is important but it just pays the bills.  It won't keep you out of hell only God can do that.  There wasn't a box for that answer.  Apparently I am not ambitious enough because they sent me an email saying I had failed the assessment.  Well, I wasn't crazy about the company anyway.  I also applied at yet another grocery store for "front end" work (no deli please I am terrified of meat slicers).  Plenty of seeds out there, we will see who sprouts.  

I had to battle depression and discouragement as well because job hunting is just HARD.  I was at an OK level missing Ron but the job hunt is brutal on me.  

I have a couple other ideas as well.  There is a gas station near me has been hiring off and on for a while.  And there is a chicken place right on the bus line.  I am not a proud woman, if I have to walk around smelling like fried chicken I am OK with it.  It's honest work and fried chicken makes people happy.  I could get behind that.  

But a long rough day.  I am glad that is done.  I played my word game for a little bit, and some solitaire (about 20 minutes).  I think it is good to exercise my brain without becoming a brainless idiot.  There is a happy place and I think I have it.  I may ask Doc about it tomorrow.  Might be good for bus rides come to think, once I am confident in my stop.  

So that was it for the day.  I did not take a nap, or try, today hoping for a better night of sleep tonight.  I will be getting up around 6:30 tomorrow to get ready for my appointment.  I did get outside for some fresh air now and then, about 10 minutes at a stretch then back in the house for more job hunting.  The cats are good I gave them a few treats but not too many.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: