Sunday, July 9, 2017

You don't want all the details

So, today I've had a headache and the digestive issue. 

Happily neither has been too bad, but it's been bad enough I'm glad this all happened on my day off.  I've been hydrating and making sure I get enough salt (that is really important when taking lithium).  I ate a muffin, a granola bar, and a can of condensed soup (I didn't dilute it).  Baby Girl got very excited over the soup, thinking it was cat food.  I put it on the floor for her, figuring she would not be interested in beef & vegetable condensed soup.  She started licking it up, I had to take it away from her. 

I also took a salt tablet to be on the safe side.  Ugh.  I'll be glad when this is over. 

My shoulder still hurts, too. 

Torbie slept with me last night, and slept by my foot earlier today.  That was nice. 

I have everything set up for my shower tomorrow (I took one today and used up the last of the soap), a new scrubbie and a fresh bar of rose-scented soap.  Ron prefers to use liquid soap when he bathes.  That will make tomorrow a lot more pleasant, nothing worse than having to climb out of the shower and find a new bar of soap.  I already have plenty of shampoo. 

[gurgle/cramp]  Ugh, I will be glad when this is over. 

Ron has been pretty quiet today.  I think he started drinking pretty early and basically passed out all day.  I forgot to call in my prescriptions while the pharmacy was open so I will have to do it tomorrow. 

I took some aspirin for the headache and it helped a lot.  It didn't bother my lower digestive issues any.  Aspirin, if it's going to be a problem, is going to bother the stomach, and that wasn't a problem for me.  So far my actual "stomach" is fine.  It's the rest of my GI tract that is unhappy. 

I really don't think you need ALL the details.  If I had a flu or something I might share that, but not this.  It has been ages since I was sick like this, though, so that's a good thing. 

If I didn't know better I would say maybe I had Clostridium perfringens, but the symptoms don't match what I ate.  I am 99% certain you cannot get Clostridium from eating biscuits, and that's all I had for dinner the other night before my symptoms started. 

I did take some coconut oil, which I hear is good for all sorts of ailments (I have the "good" kind, virgin coconut oil).  I just ate a spoonful. I know Adele Davis said eating fat would help with lower digestive issues so there's that, too. 

I figured it couldn't hurt, even though I don't make a habit of taking coconut oil.  I am proud of how I am staying hydrated and getting plenty of salt.  The cats are fine, I will be too. 

I'll just be glad when this is all over with.  Please God let me get a good night of sleep tonight. 

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

You are too young to remember Adele Davis! I call what you have "evil monkey belly " miserable ..some folks do get gI issues from migraines my son used to have very explosive events once in a while with a migraine. Feel better soon!
We always ate plain old flat Hershey bars for that lower GI stuff same concept with the fat I guess? But it did help