Monday, July 3, 2017

I ditch you, for a purring cat

So, this morning, Ron woke up with severe pain in his right foot.  Not the left leg (the last couple weeks), but the right foot.  That, to me, says his problem is neuropathy.  Neuropathy is caused by drinking, but Ron thinks drinking helps. 

Hence the throwing back 3 shots this morning before we left the house.  He can general- no, I'm not going to say Ron can hold his liquor, not after all the blackouts, verbal abuse, etc.  I will say he didn't appear to have any issues going when we went to work, except for the pain. 

We got it all done.  Ron didn't like the TV's (we have two of them at work, and they were set to different channels, very annoying), so we left early.  I sat outside for about half an hour, getting some sun (supposed to be good for preventing depression, vitamin D, all that).  He had pain on the way home. 

I took a nap, after encouraging Ron to take some Neurontin.  He did that right after I went to bed, and told me about it later.  Good, it only took 3 weeks for him to get to that point. 

"I don't want to take any pills" he said.  I told him, I didn't either, but I did, as directed, every damn day.  I don't always like it, or the side effects, but I have to do it or I, and everyone around me, suffers.  I have been telling him this for days. 

He hears me gagging down my pills 2x a day.  He was talking to me yesterday when I was putting them in my pills-of-the-week organizer, and I told him what I was doing. 

I told him the story of the frogs.  I have to be careful, I told him, when doing up my pills.  One time I didn't put my antipsychotic into my pills of the week and I ended up seeing frogs everywhere.  I mean, everywhere.  I couldn't figure it out at first.  After all, I had been taking my pills.  Hadn't I?  I checked.  Nope. 

I took one right there and then and the frogs went away pretty quick. 

Since then, I am very careful.  I also examine the pills when I take them out of the organizer to make sure everything is there.  Then I take them. 

Sometime today, my neck and shoulder locked up. I am sure it is just stress.  Biscuit and Torbie slept with me during my nap today, that helped a lot. 

Biscuit is bugging me for attention so I'm going to go. 

No comments: