Friday, July 21, 2017

I was bad

I would have slept OK last night, but I was really thirsty (lithium side effect).  I kept getting up for drinks of water, and resolved to bring my big water glass to my bedside tonight. 

I got up, took my shower, did my shoulder exercises.  My shoulder didn't like that much.  Our ride was late, to go to Walmart. 

I took a picture of poor, suffering, Biscuit and uploaded it to the blog.  Looks like it worked.  Look at that belly!  He looks pregnant!  He can certainly afford to miss a little dry food. 

We went to Walmart.  I got some stretchy bands for my workouts.  I also got ginger root, Benadryl for Ron (the white and pink one, not the solid pink one), generic 8-hour Tylenol for me, etc. 

I got some mints for me.  I like to have a mint in my mouth when I go to sleep.  It helps with the dry mouth.  I am conditioned now, when I put a mint in my mouth I start to get drowsy. 

I got some pecans to eat at work, instead of the junk food we sell.  I thought that would be a good idea. 

I was pretty hungry.  I paid and checked out.  I made my deposit, boy that's a lot of money for health insurance.  I went to McDonald's.  I ordered a grilled chicken salad.  They asked me what kind I wanted.  I told them the ranch (as it turns out, a good call).  With ranch. 

It took them a couple of minutes to cut up the chicken breast but they got it to me.  It had a nice bed of mixed greens, some grape tomatoes, shredded cheese (but not enough to go totally off plan), a cut up chicken breast, and some bacon.  It wasn't bad.   I did get some salad dressing on my shirt, though.  I hope it comes out. 

I had woken up with a headache, so I hadn't eaten anything all morning.  After I ate this, I took my morning medication. 

As it turns out, the medication kept me up during what was supposed to be my nap. 

Ron had planned to call a cab to take us home, but all the usual guys were not available.  One doesn't even drive a cab anymore. 

About this point, I realized I had forgotten to get my fruit.  I want to cut up limes and lemons, and put them in water, instead of my usual diet soda or drink mix with aspartame.  Ron was annoyed but I ran off and got them.  I got a pound of key limes for $2, and the organic lemons (out of season) cost about $6.  But, like I said, I try to get organic when I can. 

I went back to Ron, who told me "Empty Trunk" was coming to get us.  Huh?  That's what he put the guy into his phone book.  Alright. 

About 20 minutes later, he showed up.  He put the wheelchair away.  Normally I would have helped but my shoulder wouldn't have liked it.  He was happy to do it.  I only had the one bag, plus the bag of fruit, so not a lot of junk.  He did have an empty trunk. 

He had a Russian accent.  He was a very nice guy and told me, when I mentioned using the microwave, that microwaves ruin the food. 

Virtually everything I eat comes out of a microwave, so I didn't argue.  We got home fast and unloaded. 

He took out the wheelchair and gave it to Ron, while I got my stuff.  We went in the house. 

I tried to lay down and take my nap but it didn't work.  I finally got up after about an hour. 

I fixed myself a meal, some sausage links, and then I steamed some kale in the microwave (!).  I ate some Walnuts to finish it off. 

I was bad; I was still hungry, so I ate the last, cream cheese, kolache in the fridge.  Then I took my medication. 

I also took some ginger root to help my shoulder, and put ginger root into all my pills of the week compartments, AM and PM.  I watched some TV and talked to Ron. 

He drank a little but not enough to become obnoxious.  He apparently just found a pile of dirty clothes for me to wash tomorrow. 

So, it's about bedtime.  Tomorrow should go OK.  I am only worried I won't find a helper at Sam's, to help me put my stuff on the cart.  That would be a big help.  If I can get that, I am set. 

That's it for now. 

I cut up part of a key lime and put it into my water.  It isn't bad, I think I can live with this.  I have realized the aspartame messes with my blood sugar, dropping it, whenever I consume it.  Then I get hungry and eat, when I would have been fine if I had just stuck to water with a little lemon maybe. 

Now I'm done. 

No comments: