Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Finally got a good night's sleep

I finally had a really good night's sleep with the Naproxen.  I could move around in the way I was accustomed, without pain. 

I got up and did my morning routine.  Today, I figured, instead of my protein bar I would have some nuts and fruit.  I did that.  I made up a big bag of mixed walnuts and pecans.  That went pretty well - for awhile. 

We went to work.  We had a normal driver.  The other day, we had a driver who wanted to relate, badly, the whole plot, blow-by-blow, to the movie "Get Out".  I read the synopsis just out of curiosity, and she got most of the film completely wrong. 

Anyway, we went to work.  It was pretty uneventful except that manager, and a coworker, came and reminded us about the whole "move-the-vending-machine-so-we-can-clean" thing.  I overheard her telling the other vendor's employee they will need to remove some of their machines completely, so I guess we're getting off easy.

They won't be happy to find the broken floor tile, where the jerk went after my snack machine with a crowbar and tried to remove the door.  That literally had me in tears.  It sounds strange, but that vending machine was my best friend.  We had been through so much together.  I even programmed it with a special message "Thank you for supporting Ron and Heather" and it took me forever to do it.  We had been through so much together, starting the business, Ron's accident, coming back to work, the remodel, etc.  I fought many attempts by our management (blind vendor program) to take the machine, because it had depreciated to nothing.  Let's hope I don't get too angry when explaining what happened, to management.  It still upsets me, it was a really good machine.  And they didn't even get it open, they just wrecked the hinges and rendered it inoperable. 

Our program gave me a "new" (15 years old) snack machine, and it is OK, but it has a lot more glitches than the old one.  I still miss it. 

So, I stocked.  We took the money (not much) out of the vending machines and Ron counted it.  It wasn't a whole lot but enough to pay for supplies on Saturday. 

The repairman came out for our bottled vendor.  An electrical component that drives the lights, is dead.  He isn't sure which one, he will have to test it.  He took it away, he hopes to get it back to us on Friday. 

Ron made his soda order while we were waiting to go home. 

I did have a problem at work.  Ron got me some diet, caffeine-free sodas a while back.  They messed with my blood sugar and made me very hungry.  I ate some nuts, that helped, but I still had trouble. 

We went to the bank and did our transaction.  Our pickup ride arrived at the same time as our dropoff.  So we had a ticking clock as we waited in line to do our business.  We managed to get it all done in time. 

We picked up an obese client at a gym, and she screamed at the driver to move his seat up.  He was tall, with long legs.  He had to fold his legs up, as he pulled the seat up.  His knees were at the steering wheel.  It was very uncomfortable for both of them, especially as she had a couple of large bags of stuff.  Here's a thought, if you're not "fitting" in the cab any more maybe it is time to tell the company (and they can) they need to ride in the big van only. 

Speaking of weight, I am down about 5 pounds as of this morning.  So paleolithic/caveman diet is working for me. 

But I have to cut out the aspartame.  I had a diet iced tea a while ago, and the same thing, suddenly starving. 

After the bank we went to the Kolache factory, Subway (both for Ron), and Starbucks.  Since I lost weight drinking a heavy whipping cream steamer I ordered another one.  I was pretty hungry so I also got a "protein box" which had a couple of hardboiled eggs, some cheese, and fruit.  I didn't eat the bread that came in the box.  It was pretty good and pretty much on my diet.   I took my medication with it. 

We went home.  I took a nap.  Ron woke me up talking loudly on the phone and then claimed I had never told him I was going to take a nap.  I told him, yes, I had, and you said "OK' when I did.  I mean, it's not like it's a surprise I plan to take a nap when I get home after a long day. 

I did manage to sleep OK after that.  I woke up, did a load of laundry, did my shoulder exercises, and ate a snack.  I drank the iced tea, which was a mistake. 

Now I'm getting ready to go to bed. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the 5 lb loss. I am realizing all antihistamines are causing me to gain weight. Thought Claritin would be better than Benadryl...nope.
I'm going to look into a nasal spray as much as I hate those things.