Monday, December 23, 2013

A couple of hot dogs

We worked on Sunday, boy did we work. 

First, we went to Walmart and got some food.  Came home, put it up.  I didn't get much, mainly some greek yogurt with honey and some waffles for Christmas.  I thought that might be a nice breakfast. 

Ron got some snack foods, a couple of TV dinners, and probably cat treats.  After putting it away we went to the warehouse, bought a lot of soda, and then took it to work. 

I have to put it in the vehicle, then take it out and put it on the curb when we arrive.  After that, I get the cart, leaving Ron with the merchandise.  The cart has 2 bad wheels and our guy is "looking in the warehouse".  Then I loaded the sodas and chips onto the cart, and then took it in. 

Sometimes, if the cart isn't full, I "let" Ron ride on the top shelf.  It's a 3-shelf, steel "bus cart", about 3 and a half feet high.  He hops up there and the customers love to see him ride. 

"Can I get a ride?"
"Only if you marry me, first."  That takes them aback and they start laughing.  I like to interact with my customers. 

Ron had to "hobble" because the cart was loaded, though.  I got us all to our area (a very long hobble) and set Ron up with "his" cart while I dragged "my" merchandise over to the snack machines.  Just like before, we work different sides of the room.  They put the sodas off to one side, the snack machines to the other. 

We got it all stocked.  I need oatmeal cream pies, but otherwise OK.

After all stocking we headed out to meet our ride, happily already there.  It's "cold" for Houston and I hate waiting in the cold, especially since they took away our "bus stop". 

We went home, ate.  Ron went to sleep. 

I decided to put my heated mattress pad onto my bed.  I had to make it anyway (I do it up in layers, so I can just take the sheet off if a cat gets sick).  I put on the pad, then a light fleece blanket (the heating cables are kind of ropey), and the top sheet.  I got it all working and turned it on. 

Torbie loves it.  Unfortunately, she had discovered it's hotter at the foot and has taken that area entirely.  It makes it a little hard to roll over! 

I had a good long sleep.  Woke up, still somewhat depressed, and got my shower.  I got distracted by Ron, and playing with Baby Girl, so I didn't get my God Time.

We went to Starbucks and I walked over to the pet store.  They need their treatment (flea drops that go on the back of the neck).  I was also curious to buy some toys, too. 

I found Baby Girl's favorite, a rickrack ribbon teaser wand, for $3.  She adores the old one. 

I also got some treats for 87 cents, and a can of duck cat food.  This brand (Blue) actually had the duck as the primary ingredient, not some kind of "animal liver".  Good.  Mission accompllished, I went back to Ron.

He was happy with his latte.  I had a hot chocolate.  Our ride was pretty timely to go home. 

I ate, took my pills, and took a long nap.  Traditionally, in the Mexican culture, one can expect a loud, all-night party the night before Christmas.  Wikipedia  Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  It depends. 

Generally, every time I have planned a Christmas eve Bible Handout, they've had an all-nighter.  Thank God for caffeine.  I've always gone anyway. 

So, I want to get as much rest as possible in case they do have the loud party.  The weather will be cold and miserable for Houston, so, one hopes, they will stay indoors at least. 

We have good things to eat on Christmas, which was my family tradition. 

Still kind of depressed, but that's just "the brain" as Ron says.  I think I'll do some organizing and eat a couple of hot dogs. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

merry Christmas Heather from Houston to you and yours a peaceful New Year filled with love and happiness