Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Bad Guy

I don't like confrontation.  Look how many years it took me to stand up to Ron and say "Don't call me that".  Ron listened and has even done better - going above and beyond with appreciation. 

I tend to take a "Live and let live, if they are a Christian Jesus will convict them."  This person claims to be a Christian. 

However, what if I see the person falling more and more into sin?  What if I see them breaking man's laws and God's?   What if I am hard pressed to find any fruits of the spirit?  What if just talking to the person depletes me so much I need days to recover? 

Then I have to write them an email.  Fortunately, I haven't had any blow-back, something I was dreading. 

I stated everything frankly.  I didn't even address all of it. 

I wasn't sure how I'd feel at the end of it; I just feel relieved. 

I am commanded to do this, in the Bible, by the way. 
Leviticus 19:17
‘You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him.
 
Matthew 18:15
[ Dealing with a Sinning Brother ] “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
 
Trust me, it wasn't easy.  If it didn't have a million easily identifiable details, I might have posted the email, but it would have been too easy to find the person if I did that.  And it's personal. 
 
I have no problem posting all my dramas.  Even Ron is fine with me posting most of his, but if I don't have permission it stays at home. 
 
Anyway, please pray for me, and this person.  I am sure they are very upset right now but I needed to do this. 
 
I have a serious illness.  I am taking care of myself and Ron; I can't be someone's trash can for negativity and ongoing bad decisions. 
 
I have been ducking phone calls for a very long time. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My best friend sucks the life out of me this time of year, so we have "time outs"
I love her with all my heart, but when her drama exceeds my limits, I call "time out"
She is " crazy " as well so she understands
Go is luck, if your friend has any insight, they will get it, if nott, oh well! You did!