Thursday, December 5, 2013

"It's a good pain!"

Work has been pretty exciting.  From 12 good machines, we've gone to 3 "good" machines, 3 problem kids, and 2 literally locked away.  It can be challenging. 

We have to get the Dr Pepper repairman out to service the one vending machine.  The second snack machine is behaving better, but not ideal.  The bottle vendor is waiting on a purchase order because it needs a new coin mech. 

However just like Elijah, the widow, and the jars of flour and oil, we seem to have just enough.  1 Kings 17.  It's just a little MORE of a faith adventure, than I'd like! 

I'd like to have a really strong faith while we're netting $2K a month, you know? 

At any rate, I got a couple cases of Bibles delivered today. I was pretty happy to see them I've always said "I'll hand out King James if someone gets them for me."  Someone took me at my word.  [laugh]  So, I'll hand them out.  The purists will be thrilled. 

We're staying home tomorrow.  We stocked the machines, they look great.  The weather will be lousy so hopefully that will feed sales. 

I love that Ron lets me have creative license on stocking the vending machines.  Some bosses wouldn't. They would order me to stock various items into various coils.  I would have no creativity. 

Did you know I have a small pink flamingo in one of my snack machines?  That's just the way I run things. 

Today the warehouse was out of my Munchies.  Munchies had been selling really well, so I was disappointed.  I prayed about it and decided to carry the large Sunchips instead.  I had to redo the top shelves of both snack machines, because an ounce and a half bag of chips WILL NOT fall properly from a lower shelf.  I wish I could get that to the other vendor! 

So, I had to reprogram prices, labels, and then stock, but they looked really good when I left.  I'd also bought 6 different types of pasty.  In a bad economy, they may skip the candy bar but they want the pastry.  I had to tag them with the expiration date and then stock them. 

Ron got muffins, which he stocked, and soda, which we stocked.  We fixed a coin jam (hence Dr Pepper coming out next week), but had no other issues. 

Time's up.  Off we went. 

Then we did something stupid, maybe.  The taco truck pulled up. 

Now, the taco truck is in violation of our contract with the government, which states that only the blind vendors can sell food at work.  However, the taco truck only serves hot food (which we don't) to the construction workers (which we don't, because they won't walk half a mile to our vending machines).   They are also really nice, sweet, and hardworking. 

We decided to leave it alone.  If we ran them off, we wouldn't get the money anyway. 

Ron, realizing we had tomorrow off, decided to buy a taco.  I went off to get it and saw they had grilled cheese, so I ordered one (pretty impossible to get food poisoning from a grilled cheese).   Mine was nice and golden crunchy, Texas Toast, with a couple of slices of processed, gooey, cheese.  I'd get another one. 

Ron started choking on his taco.  He said something about peppers, but then added "It's a good pain!"

And that was it for the day. 

Last night, however, wasn't much fun.  My foot was bothering me (where I broke my toe about 2 years ago) and I asked Ron for "a" glucosamine.  Ron decided to give me 2, which I took without asking about doses. 

I spent about 3-4 hours, wracked with agonizing stomach cramps and hideous other issues.  Not much fun. 

I still had to work so off I went. 

No comments: