Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Optimal mood control

Well, they didn't have a huge party with karaoke, they had a small party with drinking and lots of soccer, against the side of my house. 

I was lying in bed thinking to the father: "You're a father.  You want to raise your son to be, what?  I assume you want a responsible, respectful, considerate citizen.  However, you are teaching him to be...otherwise."  The oldest is 13.  [shrug] 

I'll move on from there.  However, I got about 4 hours sleep.  I'm not at "optimal mood control" today. 

It got better.  My sister (who I am henceforth renaming my biological stalker) borrowed someone's cell phone to send me a passive aggressive message.  I asked her to leave me alone.  She has not done so.  She has a lot more problems than I guessed. 

I'm glad I cut off contact.  I don't need that in my life.  I have too much crazy as it is - which would have made an excellent blog title. 

Feeling a little bug eyed from sleep deprivation, it got even better after I woke up.  For some inexplicable reason, Ron decided to lecture me about my weight.  On Christmas morning.  I didn't talk about any sort of trigger.  He just decided to launch into it. 

I finally told him, look, I've had issues with you, too.  Nagging, lecturing, yelling, none of that works.  The only thing that works is turning it over to God. 

I'm saved, right?  So, if God wants me to work on this He will convict me through the Holy Spirit.  And I'll listen.  But if you keep yelling at me I'll shut down altogether.  I don't want to fight. 

Like I said, I don't have optimal mood control.  I just left and did my God time. 

I felt a lot better after that, about then Ron decided his presentation was bad, but we still have to talk about it.  He wrote me a little note and even suggested an ideal weight for me. 

Times like that, I remind myself, "My husband has a head injury" (another good blog title).   He wanted to "start the day over" he said so I took that at face value. 

However, when I finish blogging this morning I'm making my Christmas breakfast, cinnamon waffles.  I don't think I'll offer him any! 

No comments: