Sunday, December 29, 2013

Tremendous day

Ron and I like a little meal out now and then.  But, as he so elegantly says, "I don't want our money going down the toilet." 

Usually, we eat at home.  Sometimes, we go out to our favorite taqueria.  Ron suggested it the other day.  Now, the average meal out is about $20, but if we go to breakfast we can both eat for about $10.  I try to be thrifty, I suggested breakfast today. 

Ron had gone to the Christmas eve service.  He'll go next Sunday.  I'm happy with what I get, because it is a pretty long round trip. 

I have a church, a good one.  That's what matters. 

So, we went.  Our ride was late and it was her.  She's just a horrible, mean, woman.  Control freak and very dominating.  Thank God it was a short trip.  She is scary.  We last had her 2 months ago so that isn't bad.  My "boyfriend", an 80 year old former rodeo rider, was aboard, so I chatted about his horses. 

We went in to the taqueria, it was pretty packed.  We had a whole spectrum from the (expected) Latino families, Black families just out of church, father and son White bodybuilders, all in a festive atmosphere of delicious food. 

Our usual seats were taken, so Ron and I sat at a middle table, surrounded.  We got our favorite waitress.  I ordered a large diet coke and a large cheese quesadilla, and Ron got the chilaquiles.  Ron's had chicken and green sauce, he gets the "Nortenos" style. 

I even ordered in Spanish, beans and potatoes for here, the rest to go.  I was very pleased with myself. 

Our waitress hurried off, and brought back the food as Ron and I murdered tortilla chips in red sauce.  We ate our food, delicious as always, and I went to pay. 

The owner told me "Someone's already paid for your meal".  I thought that was lovely.  I've heard of people doing that but I've never been on the end of it.  I thanked him and told Ron. 

We made sure the waitress got her tip, and ordered a taco to go (we gave it to our return trip driver).  The return driver was a really nice younger lady, very sweet and delighted to get a taco. 

Then I went inside and got a nap with Torbie!  That was awesome.  She's always up for a nap (she takes the foot of the bed).   

Apparently they're having a party next door (probably a birthday for one of the 5 kids), but it's quiet.  I'm glad I did get my nap so I can stay up a little later if needed.  They just don't seem to get that "wall" in their yard is my bedroom. 

Not borrowing trouble; we don't have a tremendous day tomorrow anyway. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When someone pays for your meal at Christmas it is customary to pay for the next person, we do that here as well.

Heather Knits said...

The next person had about $100 in takeout!

We did get a "to go" for our driver. :)