Thursday, December 12, 2013

Two battles

Well, tonight's the night I talk about a couple of things I had planned to keep private. 

Ron has been wonderful - good news. 

First issue, my sister is involved in a cult.  She is making bad decisions about other things and her life is just sliding downhill.  I told her, as a result, I needed a break because I don't agree with any of her decisions.  Negativity is a huge burden, takes me days to recover.  Please don't contact me for 6 months. 

In a week, she has tried to contact me 4 times.  That seems kind of stalkery to me, especially for a person who has gone weeks to years between contact. 

I am seriously contemplating cutting off ALL contact.  She cannot respect my boundaries - that's a relationship killer for me. 

It is frustrating.  My phone, a very simple one, has a single ringtone, so I have to take it out and look at it every time before I answer.

 AGH. 

The other issue, as you know, when we lost our stockroom Ron made a begging phone call.  We were given a 12x20 foot temporary stockroom.  I said I "needed" one wall, assuming I would get more than the wall because... well, because I'm an idiot and didn't realize the extent of their selfishness. 

That's all I got, literally one wall, about 3 feet by 10.  I make it work.  Sadly, having the REST of the stockroom they STILL use our area!  I am always finding things moved, merchandise that's not mine, wheelchair (we fold it) roughly shoved aside, etc. 

OK, I will live with that.  We get the new stockroom in a couple of months, and I'll make damned sure Ron and I get our proper portion.  We can't even get soda deliveries.  Ron had to make another begging phone call to Dr Pepper on that one. 

The other vendor is saying things like "Make sure the construction director knows our stockroom door has to be 4 feet wide."  Dude, they weren't even going to give us a stockroom.  STFU before you screw it up. 

Of course I didn't say it. 

They weren't done.  Our stockroom is set inside another, bigger, room. 

The guy from the state decided to plug our combo unit (fridge/freezer) into an outlet in the outer room.  The other vendor started by leaving his very large flatbed carts (about 6 feet long and 3 feet wide) out in that area.  No one complained. 

Fast forward, he has merchandise, crap, etc all against two walls and people are starting to complain (the outer area is public and used as a shortcut by the office workers).  Not only that, they left sticky crap all over the floor.  It's turned black.  They also ran their carts through the sticky crap, leaving tracks. 

More complaints from the customers.  I had Ron mention it to the other vendor, who got a major attitude "Who complained?"  It doesn't matter - a customer did.  I spoke to her myself.  Not to mention it looks horrible.  Ron also mentioned she might want to clean it up before it got to our supervisor. 

They "mopped" a day or two later, leaving a filthy bucket full of black water sitting out in the public area.  I kept seeing it every day.  I waited.  They know customers are complaining it is dirty.  She can see, so can their primary employee. 

On the 4th day, I took photos and sent them, along with a letter detailing all of this, to our supervisor.  Today he got to it and the other vendor called, screaming, irate.  He went to voicemail because Ron had turned off his phone (I had a migraine today). 

The recorded message may prove useful in the future.  He made a lot of threats, ranting and raving, acting very "betrayed".  Why? 

1.  They didn't clean up.  That makes both of us look like filthy, nasty, people.  I wouldn't want that person handling my food. 

2.  They didn't clean up when we asked nicely. 

3.  They left the public area looking like that.  Why are they upset I took photos of the public area? 

4.  We only told the truth and showed the truth.  Why are they so angry about that? 

We have done ongoing business with them, because it was beneficial for us both.  They don't have to order as much, and we get stuff delivered to the location. 

In the phone call, the other vendor raved he would never do any business with us again.  It was over, all of it. 

That's going to hurt them a lot more than it will hurt us.  Now they are on the hook to spend probably $400 more a month than budgeted for bottled drinks, and find a place to put it. 

I venture to say the supervisor will "spank" them on using the public area anymore.  If nothing else, he will make sure they clean up, and make sure we have fair stockroom distribution when we get the permanent one. 

It just seems like common sense to me, if someone loans you something, you take care of it.  You don't leave it in filthy condition and leave screaming phone calls to people who point it out. 

They are the most entitled people I know.  And they're white! 



No comments: