Sunday, December 29, 2013

God told me to do it

So, some updates.

My stalker issue is ongoing.  God convicted me on my relationship with a family member - she has a lot of issues and she needs to work on them. 

For instance, she's in a cult.  The Bible is really clear on false teachers and those who promote them:  don't tolerate them.  The cult also has some abusive recruitment. 

There are other issues I will not detail; but she has made some really bad decisions.  I can't just sit back and give my tacit approval.  I can't. 

So, I sent a letter (restating here for some), asking for no contact for 6 months.  God wanted me to cut off contact, but I didn't get a feel for how long.  6 months seemed long enough. 

I asked her to leave me alone for that period of time; deciding I would cut off all contact if she did not respect my wishes.  Someone made a good point "She may try to call just because this is a huge surprise, Heather."  Yeah, I got that.  She called a few times, went to voicemail.  Ron set up a custom greeting "Heather loves you but you need to leave her alone".   That didn't last long.  After a few calls, I made him change it to "[name] leave Heather alone!" 

However, weeks of unwanted phone calls later - calls where it went to a direct personal greeting asking her to leave me alone - and still bothering me... many unwanted text messages - blocking her cell phone entirely; her using other phones to contact me... I'm done. 

However, she isn't.  She called my adoptive Mom last night "Why?  I don't understand?  Is something wrong with Heather?" 

She was told "Heather sent you a letter.  She does not want any contact with you and you need to respect that."  "But I didn't get the letter..."  [rolleyes]  I know she did. 

So, that's what's going on in that regard.  Happily I have plenty of resources so I'm not worried this will escalate.  She just needs to get the point, get out of the victim mentality, and get on with her life. 

We were never close.  I am closer to people I've never met in person. 

From what I can tell, she's all about the "Why?" wanting to know what happened.  God told me to do it, that's why.  I am pissed you disrespected my one request and pissed all over my boundaries.  I don't want anyone like that in my life. 

From what I have read, this type of stalker is fed by reaction: I'm probably supposed to call her, irate that she contacted my parents.   I won't.  I'll continue to ignore her, delete, reject calls, and send things back (although I think she got the point on that). 

I am peeved enough I need to put this in the blog.  Even at risk she might read it. 

Take home message: I AM DONE WITH YOU.  DON'T EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN. 

I will, of course, pray for her daily.  The Bible commands that. 

No comments: