Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dry mouth slayer

I may be depressed, but I still had a pretty good day today. 

I got up early and took my shower.  I looked at Torbie, lying so cute in the bed, and told her I'd be back.  My face has been kind of dry (for me, very unusual), so I used the Dove.  It's still a little dry. 

I'd hit the snooze button a few times so I had to wait on my God Time.  I got it later. 

First, Ron and I had a trip to Walmart.  While cleaning, I'd found 2 gift cards.  I thought maybe one of them might have some value, so I got them checked.  $20 I didn't know I had! 

That was pretty cool.  I haven't spent it yet, I'll wait until I find something awesome. 

Then, off to my shopping.  I hitched up my pants, again, and said "I'm getting a belt".  I went to the men's department and found a nice belt with grommets.  It was $10.  It works.  I'm happy. 

My body's at an in-between size, and my pants are sagging.  Well, they were. 

Ron needed a personal care item, so we got that (I had him in the "kiddie cart" with the seat on the back for an adult or 2 kids). 

My mouth has been really dry lately, so I wanted some rinse, or drops, or something.  I ended up buying the rinse (which works pretty well) and some drops, which are fantastic. 

I was a little leery of buying 100 count, but it had the magic words "dry mouth" "sugar free" "mandarin mint" "individually wrapped", etc.  It even had a kindly looking doctor on the back. 

When I popped one in, it reminded me of those soft mints.  The flavor is good and it really slew the dry mouth.  I was shocked.  Here's a link:  Mouth wetting lozenges  I misplaced them when I got home and was pretty upset until I found them. 

Then off to Bourbon Vienna Sausage for Ron.  I got some pasta, too, because he wants me to make him Chicken ala King (I just use the canned stuff). 

I got some milk and cereal, I'm pretty well set on food for now. 

It was pretty quiet, so we cruised around a little.  I teased Ron about cat treats (he just bought some), and we checked out. 

We had to wait a while on paratransit.  As Ron vented "They got me here half an hour early, and picking me up half an hour late!  I'm here for 2 hours!"  I try to balance validating his feelings and reminding him to count his blessings. 

I had to figure out what to do about the packages.  My sister had sent them in defiance of my request "don't contact me for 6 months".  Apparently, even a few days was too long. 

I wanted to send them back, but I didn't want to go to the PO.  I found out my carrier, God love her, will take them back for me.  I just need to leave them on the porch (I already arranged for carrier pickup). 

I love getting packages, but I detest manipulation, head games, and boundary crossing.  Off they go. 

I came this close (pinchy movement) to throwing them out completely.  Ugh.  I am just so sick of drama. 

The sad thing is that I really had meant it about the 6 months.  I don't like to make final choices until I'm driven to it - but she has been so disrespectful I'm cutting off all contact, for good. 

Ron wonders if she will attempt suicide.  If she does, that's on her.  People make choices.  If she makes a bad one she will pay the consequences.   I am praying for her to find God in a real way. 

Enough on that. 

I have been wishing, for a while, that I could just spend all day in bed with Torbie.  Sleeping, petting her, cuddles, and more sleep.  It sounded so lovely.  When we got home I actually made that happen.  I don't know how long I slept but I got up around 3. 

If I sleep too long, I get horrendous dry mouth (!) and nightmares.  I ran out of water (I keep a stainless quart water bottle by my bed), so I got up. 

I did my God Time, got online, arranged for my carrier pickup.  I even cleaned up the house a little.  Pretty impressive for a depression. 

Ron's having a bad day for neuropathy and nerve pain.  He is trying to keep that from affecting me, which I appreciate.  I hate to see him hurt.  I just hope he doesn't give himself more blisters with the back massager (if he leaves it on for too long, his skin blisters).   

Tomorrow looks to be busy, but it's our busy season.  I'm fine with that. 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hi Heather, I get episodes of dry skin on my face in the winter (less humidity I suppose). Sometimes so badly it almost hurts (and I normally don't have dry skin at all). The only thing which both works to heal the dryness and the tight feeling without feeling like it's just a greasy coating on top of my face, is Prescriptives Comfort Cream. I don't even use a full jar the whole winter, so it's not that expensive overall.

Still reading, almost posted a couple of times, but as usual when something you write connects with my own life and makes me want to whine, I delete the post, lol. Though I've done my share of whining to you :)

Merry Christmas, to you and yours (including the furry lot). At this time, the song "Oh Holy Night" says everything to me and brings me to tears, and I'm not usually that susceptible, except when it comes to furry animals :)

That just reminded me that I need to be pondering my New Year's resolutions-I already know one-I need to pray for more forgiveness and mercy to others, as I ask it for myself. It certainly keeps me in mind that Jesus is Lord, because without Him I just can't love some people, but He suffered and died for all sinners, including me.