Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Minding my business

"Say no to crack!" my female driver shouted as I hitched up my jeans.  Yeah, that kind of day.  My jeans are pretty loose, but the smaller size is way too tight.  I need a belt. 

It started pretty early, we went into work and did an inventory.  The flaming hot cheetos are flaming hot.  I can barely keep them stocked.  I also reworked my planogram and decided to add some cookies, etc.  Ron is very supportive of my ideas, and nearly all of them have been popular. 

Years ago, one of my staples: the brownie bite cookie.  It was a nice small chocolately cookie with pecans.  They came in a 3 ounce bag.  I liked them a lot, but stopped eating them about 2005.  A few years ago, we stopped buying from the wholesale supply, so I stopped carrying them. 

We had a vending conference and one "hook" offered for hungry vendors was, you guessed it, the brownie bite cookie.  It has walnuts instead of pecans now, but when I ate it it was very insipid, hardly any nuts, and what I considered a horrible deal.  I was so glad I didn't sell them any more.  In my opinion, doing so would insult my customers. 

I've had the Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies on the brain lately.  I see the customers eating them and they look pretty decent.  So, when we went to the wholesale club, I bought a box and stocked a coil.  Later on, at home, I tried a bag and they are delicious, stuffed with chocolate chips, two big handfuls, only 70 cents.  I'm happy to have that in my machine.  Ron's happy with the fantastic food cost. 

That, to me, is really important.  Am I proud of my selections?  I should be.  At the end of the work day the machines are full of good things to eat.  Good values, good flavors (although I'll take Ron's word for that on the hot selections, which are hugely popular), good machines. 

Walking past one of the other vendor's locations, I noticed they have raised prices on the 1.5 ounce chip.  It was 80 cents (you can still do that if you buy them at the wholesale club, and have a good food cost percentage), but I guess the guys who deliver aren't as affordable.  They went up to 85. 

That's why I prefer to bring in my inventory.  Lower prices.  No case limits. 

I think I am doing a very good job of "minding" my business.  Ron's very appreciative of all I do in the business, and at home. 

I'm really proud of us when I consider I'm brain damaged, severely mentally ill, properly medicated; Ron is blind, "stroked out" on his right side, neuropathy, brain damage, etc.  God helps to make it look easy. 

After work, I stood outside (they took the "bus stop" waiting area this past weekend, so Ron had to sit on the curb), harassed by - ladybugs. 

You got it.  The woman who's hallucinated bugs, crawling on her, for years, had to battle bugs, crawling on me, for about half an hour.  They got in my bra.  They got in my hair, arms, neck, face, you name it.  I saw Ron spit one out. 

The construction wiped out about 4 acres of natural wooded habitat.  I have to figure the bugs are having their revenge.  Ugh. 

I hope they're gone tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas
Much love!