Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Fix

ODD start to the day. 

I don't even know how to explain it.  Apparently my stalker got one of her friends to put me on the CC list for text messages?  I got a copy of something, which I deleted of course. 

Ron found it hysterical that he was also on the text message list.  He was making jokes about naked picture messages.  God, I love that man.

Wierdness aside, and yet another number added to the block list, we move on to the rest of my day:  I woke up depressed, got the shower but not the God Time.  I got that before I got online. 

We went to the warehouse club and bought drinks, took them to work, Ron stocked the drinks.  I went with the "Flavor Mix" assortment of chips and stocked them.  I need some more of the larger chips, cream pies, etc.  I was glad I had brought a variety mix pastry, because I did need them. 

I want to be cautious buying inventory because sales generally crash across the building in January.  Things are different this year with the remodel, I don't want to lose sales, but I don't want to put a lot of money in non-selling inventory, either. 

It's a dance, and most days I enjoy it. 

We finally met the only repairman willing to work on the V-40 bottled vendor.  He's the first one to listen to me and replace the coin mech.  Two people I respect suggested I do that.  I got so excited when I saw the new mech I picked it up and hugged it.  I pray that's "the fix". 

The machine certainly took a lot of coins after the new mech install.  Well, I think it's reconditioned, but you get the idea.  [sigh]  So much drama around that machine.  That's common, apparently. 

We got the repairman out of there and went home.  The neighbors were gone so I laid down for a nap.  I was pretty beat.  They came home and put some of the kids in the backyard.  Oh no, I thought. 

However, it was the toddlers.  They are cute, making cute little toddler noises, NOT wrecking my house, so I was fine.  I had a pretty good nap with Torbie on my heated mattress pad. 

That thing is awesome.  I can't believe I haven't used it in years.  I lay down on the heated bed and I am out. 

For a crazy person it's a big deal. 

I also got to give away a Bible today, and Ron gave the "don't take the mark" speech to a couple of people.  A lot of them laugh outright at him - but he is strong.  He knows it is more important to share the truth. 

I so admire and love him for that.  God really did a good job putting us together.  Ron has the gift of evangelism and prophecy, I have evangelism and nurturing.   I think it's a good match. 

Prophets, so to speak, can get very discouraged because many people laugh at them, scoff, or dismiss them.  They need some nurturing. 

I'll never forget when Ron suggested, out of the blue "You need to go to Acres Homes".  I thought it was nuts, but it was in line with scripture.  As a result we have handed out over a thousand Bibles in one of the worst ghettoes in Houston. 

I hope I always go, when I'm sent. 

No comments: