Saturday, December 28, 2013

If we let Him

Oh, I'm tired. 

I got up early, hit the snooze and did my God Time later.  The bed was so warm, I had Torbie...

I did have to get up and shower, though.  My hair resembled a greasy nest. 

I got showered, deodorized, brushed, and groomed.  I watched a little weather and elected to wear my long underwear.  Hey, it gets cold waiting on Metrolift. 

Especially since they bulldozed our "bus stop".  Still irked about that. 

We went to the warehouse and bought drinks.  We took them to work and put them in the fridge, checked on the machines.  The bottle vendor appears to be working. 

I noted a few things I needed (but forgot the oatmeal cream pies!), and went back outside.  Back to the warehouse, more drinks, in the fridge. 

I loaded the cart with cold drinks and some snack items (turns out I needed 2 things I was sure I didn't), and went to our area (about a half mile walk).  I pushed it, got Ron his drinks, got my snacks. 

Every pastry item has to be tagged with a label gun - expiration date.  So I did that, got them loaded.  Then I moved onto chips.  My people have an endless appetite for hot, crunchy, things.  I made sure they had them. 

Ron, in the meantime, did the drinks.  Back before the remodel, he would focus on the food machine and drinks, I would focus on snacks, deliveries, and housekeeping.  We still do that. 

The bottle vendor looked great when we left, I was very happy.  If it's working on Monday I'll call it "fixed". 

Ron and I had some good discussion on what items to stock in the "beast".  I can honestly say I really enjoy working with Ron.  He values me, appreciates me, and wants my input.  He does pull rank now and then, but that's fine. 

So, all done.  We went back to our area, then our ride. 

We got home around 4 - and I got up around 5.  That's a long day! 

Too late for a nap.  I saw the neighbors leaving (soccer ball into the house).  I was tired enough I might just make a comment, so I ignored them.  Better to be thought rude than to prove it.  Overall they are wonderful. 

We had great drivers.  Ron handed out a lot of tracts.  I thought, as I watched him today, he's come a long way.  I just had to let God do the work on him. 

God can do amazing things in our lives, if we let Him. 

No comments: