Friday, June 21, 2013

Paint chips

Oh, it was such a long day. 

I got up at 3.  The vacuum still sat on the curb, next to my driveway.  I tested Ron's sugars, cleaned his legs, and ate some breakfast. 

You know, if they didn't need me to drive, I could probably get a homecare job.  God knows I have plenty of experience. 

Anyway, off to work.  I had about 25 pounds of unopened cat food.  The girls love this, in the adult chicken flavor.  They gobble it up.  They've hardly touched the other food since we got this, so it's staying. 

I gave the cat food to Mike, who has 2 cats.  They'll love it. 

I gave him some cat food after Frosty died.  Bubba was always a picky eater and he refused to eat any more after Frosty died.  I had to buy another brand. 

The girls are picky and don't like Bubba's brand, but I found it a new home.  Good. 

Our delivery was due around 5.  We had a 9 AM pickup.  We got home at 1.  That kind of says it all. 

Exhausted, I ate a microwaved hamburger and took my meds, then collapsed in bed.  I slept for a couple of hours. 

I looked out the window and happily noted the vacuum cleaner was gone.  Good. 

We got a letter from the homeowner's assocation.  Now, I have to say, I like them.  No home based business, which means no halfway house or group home.  No day care.  No autobody paint shops or aggressive dog breeders.  All good.  No jacked up cars in the driveway.  Take care of your yard.  Maintain your home.  Don't hoard.  You get the idea. 

However, they don't like "Clear Blue Sky" as a paint color.  Nope.  The letter said: ""Earth tones" "A palette that draws from beige, brown, tan, grey, and green. The colors are *not bold* [snicker] but muted and flat simulating colors found in dirt, moss, trees, and rocks."  On my copy of the form I submitted for approval, they handwrote: "Beige, tan, gray, brown". 

Ick. 

I'm going to need some quality time with the paint chips.

No comments: