Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Medical History

I have to do up Ron's medical history for tomorrow, so I thought it might be fun to throw his, and mine, in the blog. 

Mine is easy: "Lazy Eye" surgery at age 2.  Farsighted, requires glasses.  Various childhod ailments, I caught every flu.  Uneventful until age 13, hospitalized for depression.  Kidney infection at age 18, a week in the hospital. 

Diagnosed with ovarian cysts (a dermoid, and a hemmorhagic), one on each ovary.  I had surgery for them at age 25.  Doc got the bleeder, but not the dermoid.  He did a lot of fertility work and OB, and was reluctant to take the ovary even though I said I was fine without.  I even brought Ron in, but I was "only" 25. 

Age 30 I had a really bad bout of Salmonella, the day we bought the house.  I was sick for weeks. 

I was finally diagnosed bipolar, type one, rapid cycling, psychotic features at age 32.  I have found that lithum/depakote work best for mood stabilizing; wellbutrin best for the antidepressant, and Haldol for the psychotic stuff. 

At age 35, I had an allergic reaction to my antidepressant (an SSRI), which left me covered in hives.  Taking an SSRI again would probably kill me. 

That's it.  

Ron is a whole 'nother can of wax beans. 

Born with congenital glaucoma.  One eye had some vision.  9 operations on said eye until he went completely blind. 

Uneventful medical history until 2003. 

Massive head injury and chest trauma, a badly broken leg.  Crushed ribs, collapsed lung, lacerated kidney.  He had a Glasgow coma score of 3, the worst possible.  Off to the trauma center. 

He's had a few hand operations, on the good hand.  He is partially paralyzed on the right side but can still get around the house OK, praise God. 

In 2009 he developed a strange lump, which turned out to be a simple skin infection.  Ron was given Bactrim and had a severe reaction, resulting in neuropathy.  He had every test in the world and everyone threw up their hands (we even had a neurologist on board). 

Agh, this is totally depressing.  I'm done. 

No comments: