Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Quack!


Well, my modem is acting up. I take good care of my modems, but I always seem to have trouble. It's a little frustrating. I don't throw it around, drop it, have it in extreme temperatures, leave it in the sun, or anything bad. It gets the same treatment as the computer, perched on top of my old cube style monitor.

I typed this in my word processor and then did a copy and paste when the modem did behave. 

I've been experiencing something lately I find a little frustrating. More than once, lately, I have had to go back and tell a store "You didn't charge me enough". The last occasion, I had 3 plastic drinking glasses, but only charged for 2. I had enough time to get in there and pay, but I didn't want to get back in line.


Today, Ron and I went to the pet store. Well, he stayed at Starbucks while I walked over. Baby Girl loves her Blue Wilderness Kitten food. Tobie (Pretty Girl's new name) loves it too.


However, Baby Girl is about a year old and ready to transition to adult cat food. Since kitten food can be very fattening, I want to make the change.


Baby Girl, so far, is the only cat I've had who's kept their figure. She is still slim and active. Most of my cats end up looking like Torbie, with a big flabby belly. Even my beloved boys, Bubba and Frosty (the black, and white, cats respectively). I want to keep her healthy.


I want to keep both my girls healthy. They clearly love Blue Wilderness, but the company has several flavors, including chicken, duck, fish, and "indoor".


My girls are not strictly indoor. Kind of pointless to have an "Indoor" cat with a blind man. They'd just escape.


At least with a cat door, they can get back in.


So, Ron and I debated. We both figured they would like chicken, because that's the primary ingredient in the kitten food. However, I thought my girls might like a gourmet duck flavor. Besides, it makes me think of the Robertsons in Duck Dynasty.


I told Ron I'd like to try the duck. I went to the store, and the first 5 ingredients for the kitten and chicken foods matched up. It looked like an ideal choice - mainly chicken with some fish.


The duck also looked good, 3 meats. Duck, chicken, fish. Sounded great. I loaded them both into my shopping cart, throwing in some hairball treats.


The girls are shedding a lot (at least Torbie), and I don't want them to have hairball trouble. The hairball treats have petroleum jelly to move things along. It worked very well for Bubba, and has for Torbie, when I remember to give them to her.


I checked out and got back to Starbucks. I reviewed the receipt and realized the cashier had only rung up 2, two pound bags of duck cat food, completely bypassing the 5 pound (different colored bag) of chicken cat food. Great. I have to fix this.


The cashier had seemed to have a lot of difficulty ringing up the other customers. Maybe she needs to move to a different department.


Ron and I have to go back. Right now the store is owed about $10. I'm not going to steal, or lie. That's two commandments broken, and I won't do that.


I believe, if I am knowingly breaking commandments, I'm creating a big chink in my spiritual armor. I won't do that.


So, we got home and the cats got very excited. They recognize the Blue food bags.


Baby Girl ate herself sick on some kitten food Ron spilled, then ate about 1/3 cup of chicken and then 2/3 cup of duck. She loves the duck. She was eating it like I was going to take it away.


Torbie stuck to the chicken, and then found some kitten food Ron hadn't cleaned up yet. Once she finished, Ron cleaned it all up.


I love to spoil our girls.


Quack. 


Ron and I put the food in 2 bowls, we'll see which one they like best and then "stock" that flavor. I'm thinking Duck will win, but I could be wrong. We'll see if Torbie likes the Duck.




No comments: