Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A fairly average day

I woke up, took my shower, and decided to forgo the morning God time in exchange for quality time with Ron and Pretty Girl (I got it later).  Ron asked to rename her - he wants to call her Torbie.  It's a term for tabby calico - she has black, brown, and orange fur, in a tabby pattern. 

Sure, why not.  Ron kept getting Baby Girl and Pretty Girl names confused.  I don't think the cats care, as long as he's petting them and handing out the occasional treat, but it mattered to Ron. 

My grandmother called me by my aunt's name for weeks, when I went to visit her, about 20 years ago.  It was pretty funny.  I answered to it, I knew it wasn't a slight or anything.  I was a brown haired little girl.  I reminded her of her brunette daughter. 

Anyway, I have no problem with it.  I call both girls Pretty and Baby, they don't mind. 

I cleaned up the bad spot on Ron's leg, it's looking better.  Ron still has a couple more antibiotic capsules.  He wore pants.  I think he's looking forward to complete healing so he can wear his shorts again! 

We went to the warehouse, and I got everything on my "snack machines need:" list.  Yay.  It was compact, too.  I had a giant tote bag, most of the inventory went into that.  We went to work, stocked our departments (Ron does drinks).  Ron remarked his side was bothering him, and I reminded him I had seen him trying to move a case of bottled water.  I really need to move all the drinks. 

At least we didn't end up in the hospital, like the time he tried to move a vending machine!  That was pretty funny, hours waiting, a doctor, assistant, and nurse, and THEN he remembers "I tried to move the coffee machine".  He is really good about asking for help but sometimes he gets impatient. 

Pretty soon, time to go.  Our ride was already outside.  Yay. 

We went home and had about an hour (I could have done my God Time then, but it slipped my mind, I hate that).  Then we left again, went to the store, and got my Haldol.  I forgot to get more sausage biscuits, but I got more milk and some canned stuff. 

Ron doesn't like me to use the stove during the summer.  He will make an exception if I get up very early and use it then, but it's generally not worth it for me.  I got some canned spaghetti, that's fine. 

Once I put away all my stuff I took my nap, it was pretty late but I had a good one.  I had a wierd dream in which I, and everyone else was deaf.  That wasn't the strange part - the strange part was the home invasion scenario in which I was the resident of the targeted home.  The bad guys were also deaf. 

That was wierd enough to get me out of bed.  I did my God Time.  Now some chores, eat some leftovers, and go to bed early. 

I'd like to do some yardwork tomorrow. 

No comments: